Sign in to follow this  
Who just cut me?

Signs Pricing

Hi all, 

I typically make shirts and decals but a local little league team wants me to make them some small removable signs. The stick in the ground type for next years sign up and such. I am not sure on pricing. any basic rule that those of you that make these signs use for pricing. If I make them they would be blanks with vinyl put on them, any help is much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Who just cut me? said:

Hi all, 

I typically make shirts and decals but a local little league team wants me to make them some small removable signs. The stick in the ground type for next years sign up and such. I am not sure on pricing. any basic rule that those of you that make these signs use for pricing. If I make them they would be blanks with vinyl put on them, any help is much appreciated. 

You should have a local sign supply shop somewhere in your area. They will have several options for the plastic (usually called coroplast or similar. Some will be pre-cut but sometimes you have to buy a sheet and cut it down yourself with a table saw or carefully with a skill saw. The little wires will be sold separately. I don't do these often but when I did I just used cheap sign vinyl like the Greenstar or Oracal 651 on them. I'm not going to price out your job for you but I generally make a list of materials costs and then take a WAG on how long I'll be messing around with them and bill accordingly. Some of these kinds of things can be done much simpler by a big sign shop with a flatbed printer. I don't build many because I can't compete with the flatbed printed prices. There are videos out there showing people building the signs and how they have set up little jigs to hold the coroplast in place while they place the cut vinyl on them. Lots of options for those who are willing to think outside the box a little and get creative. 

2 hours ago, Who just cut me? said:

Hi all, 

You should have a local sign supply shop somewhere in your area. They will have several options for the plastic (usually called coroplast or similar. Some will be pre-cut but sometimes you have to buy a sheet and cut it down yourself with a table saw or carefully with a skill saw. The little wires will be sold separately. I don't do these often but when I did I just used cheap sign vinyl like the Greenstar or Oracal 651 on them. I'm not going to price out your job for you but I generally make a list of materials costs and then take a WAG on how long I'll be messing around with them and bill accordingly. Some of these kinds of things can be done much simpler by a big sign shop with a flatbed printer. I don't build many because I can't compete with the flatbed printed prices. There are videos out there showing people building the signs and how they have set up little jigs to hold the coroplast in place while they place the cut vinyl on them. Lots of options for those who are willing to think outside the box a little and get creative. 

Judging by your avator you are somewhere near Seattle. They will have either a Denco Sales or Sun Supply. 

• Like 1