Bevan

EH721 Vinyl Cutter Won't Connect - Windows 10

Hi Guys

I have stumbled upon a Refine EH721 Vinyl Cutter and only have access to Windows 10 Pc's (Laptop) and no matter what Forum I read and what I do, I cannot seem to get it to connect the Laptop.

I am using a cable that goes from the Cutter to a USB, its Called a RS2320 to USB, I have tried many different drivers but feel I am doing something wrong. I'm not super smart with this stuff but I usually do figure it out. 

I have downloaded many different Cutting software including Signblazer.

Is there something I'm missing?

Much appreciated thank you.

2019-10-29 at 8.55.01 PM.jpeg

You will first need the driver for your particular usb to serial adapter.  Most success here in the USA has been with the key span brand.  What cutting software will you be using?   

You probably need a null modem cable as well. You typically can not connect a usb-2-serial directly to the hardware. You usually need a straight serial cable or a null modem cable. If the EH is the same as the MH you need the null modem cable.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Cutting software i'm using now has been Signcut or Coreldraw and the other one was easy cut studio. None seemed to work

If I may ask, what is  Null modem cable?

On 10/29/2019 at 9:42 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

You will first need the driver for your particular usb to serial adapter.  Most success here in the USA has been with the key span brand.  What cutting software will you be using?   

Im also happy to use any software that will work, suggestions on software that will work I will use.

1 hour ago, Bevan said:

Thanks guys

Cutting software i'm using now has been Signcut or Coreldraw and the other one was easy cut studio. None seemed to work

If I may ask, what is  Null modem cable?

signcut will work with creations in corel or ECS - 

a null modem serial cable has a different pin configuration from a regular serial cable - the refine MH series requires the use of a null modem cable to communicate to the plotter as darcshadow indicated.   you also as mentioned before have to use the proper drivers for the chipset in any serial to usb adapter you are using