Sign in to follow this  
Enrique

Graphtec FC8600 HELP!

I need help!

My cutter is cutting offset, and I cannot figure out why!! It is ruining projects that I have already printed out three times because the printer wasn't printing correctly.

I have not yet done a plot test. However, this has been a consistent problem for months. The last plot test I did was correct, and there was nothing wrong with it. The cutter cuts off sometimes worse than others, but almost always off on every single job I cut.  I double checked all the settings before cutting this, and nothing was set to offset or anything. 

Can anyone give me any suggestions to fix this problem????

I'm wasting so much vinyl on a lot of jobs that get cut wrong.

PLEASE HELP :(

Cutter.jpg

2 hours ago, Enrique said:

I need help!

My cutter is cutting offset, and I cannot figure out why!! It is ruining projects that I have already printed out three times because the printer wasn't printing correctly.

I have not yet done a plot test. However, this has been a consistent problem for months. The last plot test I did was correct, and there was nothing wrong with it. The cutter cuts off sometimes worse than others, but almost always off on every single job I cut.  I double checked all the settings before cutting this, and nothing was set to offset or anything. 

Can anyone give me any suggestions to fix this problem????

I'm wasting so much vinyl on a lot of jobs that get cut wrong.

PLEASE HELP :(

Cutter.jpg

What cutting software are you using to run the cutter? There's usually calibration, or an offset value you can change to make the cuts to line up.

I am using Flexi Program Manager 19. The Graphtec support page said to have the cut marks every 20" for larger jobs. I have yet to try that, but I'm too scared to waste more vinyl.

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

print it on a large paper and use the pen tool.   

Yeah, that's the nice thing about print and cut troubleshooting, you don't need to use vinyl to troubleshoot, you can just use paper instead.

So far:

Printed on paper, and used the pen tool. The only thing I did differently was add extra cut marks like the support site said, and it would have been a perfect cut.

Now I'm going to try that print again with the extra cut marks.

Thank you for the paper and pen tool advice! I don't know why I didn't think about that.

• Like 3