Sign in to follow this  
Pwdrit

Graph ref Ce6000 60 vs 120

Hello. I have been looking into getting a vinyl cutter and have decided on the graphtec ce6000. This will be the first vinyl cutting machine I have owned. I do some powder coating on the side and want a vinyl cutter to be able to cut more complex maskings and graphics. I can see that I will have the opportunity with the cutter to add another potential income stream. What I’m trying to decide is how much more opportunity the ce6000 120 will provide. Or would I be better of getting a printer to do color graphics to compliment the 24” machine. Thanks I value others knowledge and experience. 

if you have never done vinyl graphics you really can't related to how hard it is to weed and then mask anything over 30" wide - I owned one 50" and several 24" after that.  almost all signs can be cut and applied in segments a 24-30" plotter can do and much easier to handle.  I also owned a 54" roland printer and then 2 30" rolands - great print/cut machines and I always kept my graphtec around for the vinyl side even though technically the print cut machine would have functioned as both it would not do as good of a job on small detailed cutting.   when you make the leap on the printing side have $15K-$20K ready to start and keep it busy all the time - solvent printers do not like sitting and will remind you with requited replacement heads and other maint items as when the heads clog there is no cleaning them like a water based desktop printer you might be used to.  I always budged about $1K a year for maint on the printers 

• Like 1

I use a 30" cutter and I would never want one any wider....I have a 30" 8ft table and it works perfect for masking. I only cut vinyl.  A lot of my jobs are pretty detailed and the Graphtec does a great job for that. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys. That’s great info for me. I’m just getting going and I want to buy the right equipment so I can grow with it. I had wondered about what you said Dakota about breaking up larger jobs in segments. I have been leaning towards the graphtec. There seems to be a lot of instructional videos out there which I will need. I fairly new to this so there is a big learning curve ahead. So a user friendly machine is important. Hopefully I can turn it into some decent income. Thanks again guys you info is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

the graphtec comes with the graphtec pro studio software too that is worth as much as the plotter so it is really a great deal