jdmarti1

InkOwl Sublimation Ink

I have a Sawgrass SG400, and need to buy ink - which we all know is crazy expensive.  I have seen InkOwl ink online, and it seems to get good reviews on Amazon, but I am still scared.  Has anybody here used it?

14 hours ago, jdmarti1 said:

I have a Sawgrass SG400, and need to buy ink - which we all know is crazy expensive.  I have seen InkOwl ink online, and it seems to get good reviews on Amazon, but I am still scared.  Has anybody here used it?

We have not tested any alternatives for genuine Sawgrass inks. I would recommend reading this information on non-genuine Sawgrass inks that I found on the Sawgrass FAQ as it may affect your warranty:

image.png.e6b1c7b982eced86ad9fc40fe432aaeb.png

I hope that that helps, let us know if you have any additional questions. You can also contact Sawgrass directly to see what they have to say on this matter. Thank you for using the USCutter Forum!

Just now, jdmarti1 said:

I know it will kill the warranty, I am trying to use a good alternative. 

worse thing that happens is you throw away an expensive printer on an experiment - guess it depends on how much you do - my sawgrass ricoh printer sits for months unused and never has problems so it is worth it to me to know it is always ready to rock and roll when called into action.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdmarti1 said:

I know it will kill the warranty, I am trying to use a good alternative. 

We've only tested it with genuine Sawgrass inks, so if you do want to go that route of finding an alternative, you'll be in uncharted waters, so to speak. i'm not sure where you would be able to get tech support if something goes wrong.

And yes, as Dakota says, if you are willing to take the risk of damaging your printer or rendering it inoperable, then you are free to make that decision.