MrJoel

Graphtec advance amount after copy???

Hey y'all,

I'm running a lot of one design and I'd like to just keep trimming one off and using the copy button on my fc8000.  the problem is that after a copy is cut, then it goes back to the front of the design.  where is the setting for post copy advancement?

5 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Usually in the cutting software. What are you using?

using Graphtec studio pro

45 minutes ago, bikemike said:

Right at the bottom.

Capture1.JPG.0822130fdf92f0950a4cdfe6a23e7475.JPG

I use that all the time but it doesn't work with the "copy" option

Not a Graphtec user here, but sounds like he's wanting to hit a button on the machine itself. So unless there is a setting in the machine itself not to return to home after a job I suspect using the copy button on the machine will not work the way you want.

In the software, does the cut screen stay up? Could you just hit cut again or something on the computer? That's how I do it with VM.

If he was running on Windows, he could do it very easily right from the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  That option is not available for a Mac.   Maybe I am missing something, but why doesn't he just send the same order again?  No repeat or copy,  just send.   It will be the same order from the software. Maybe I am not thinking right of what he is wanting.  I ran 9 different orders 1 day, and never got out of my chair, All from the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  It's so easy. I would think about getting a cheap Windows computer. My 2c.  Or run it on Bootcamp, or whatever you can do on Mac. 

My Graphtec never goes back to the point of origin after cutting a job :huh:

But when I have large quantity jobs, I usually do a single layout that is a manageable size for me to weed and tape, and then send the job repeatedly to the cutter. That also help me to keep track of how many I actually completed, since I keep a little post-it with hash marks each time I send the job .

It all comes down to personal preference, so workarounds when necessary.

I just don’t want to have to run over to the computer between cuts.  My this material is custom and not really what our cutters were made for (equipment upgrades are being decided right now), and it will not track straight off the roll.   I trust it for about 3ft then I need to cut and make sure the material is still tracking/adjust if needed.  If it were just a few then I’d be ok with just hitting send again but this is 2000 unit’s every couple weeks.  I’m wondering also about the pause between cuts...  btw, it is amazing what a good plotter can do when you think it through!  My next machine looks to be a roll feed rotary die cutter...just having a hard time pulling the $45,000 trigger

9 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If he was running on Windows, he could do it very easily right from the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  That option is not available for a Mac.   Maybe I am missing something, but why doesn't he just send the same order again?  No repeat or copy,  just send.   It will be the same order from the software. Maybe I am not thinking right of what he is wanting.  I ran 9 different orders 1 day, and never got out of my chair, All from the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  It's so easy. I would think about getting a cheap Windows computer. My 2c.  Or run it on Bootcamp, or whatever you can do on Mac. 

I switched over to windows last year... :D