Sign in to follow this  
freebird1963

GCC to Graphtec force

Normally use a GCC Bengal to cut with.We got a CE Lite 50 (mostly to do contour cutting with) and Graphtec uses numbers to determine force. I have a book of cutting forces we used for  the GCC for vinyls but sitting here test cutting everytime is getting old and most times I forget when using the CE and either blast through or not enough pressure. Few times got lucky and cut properly. Was wondering n hoping   is there a "conversion" chart or anyone done any conversion of the graphtec system to grams force ? Specs say 210 for the CE but numbers go higher so my simple thought of maybe each represented 10gf but doesn't seem to..

Thanks

Never used that particular plotter but on the ce3000, 5000, 6000 I cut at 10-14 on regular vinyl and up to 16 on reflective with a clean cut blade set using skeeters method for exposure . . . Most of the time at 12 and only change I make is when I go from calendared to cast vinyl.  Betting you have too much blade exposure along with overthinking it. 

There is not set in stone force numbers,  Force is determined by how you set up your blade depth to the vinyl that your using. How many different vinyl thickness are you using that you have to keep changing the force on the Graphtec?  I only change the force up a bit to cut Avery chrome from Oracal 651.  Force also differs as your blade wears down.  I may only bump it up 1-2 . If you are using different vinyls.  then doesn't the CE LITE have different conditions to set it on?   Most Graphtecs have 8 conditions that can be set on the control panel  for different types of jobs. Force. Speed, etc.  Right on your cutter. Or write it down for your different vinyls.   This is how to set your blade depth correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

• Like 2