Sign in to follow this  
Worble7

Multi color Vinyl help

So I want to try and do a 2 color vinyl decal to start I'm just playing with multi color Ideas (testing). I have looked on youtube with no luck on how to do it with Graphtec Pro Studio any info or links to a good how to would be great. Thanks Jeff

Maybe if you showed, what your wanting to do.  Someone can help you.  Your too vague.   Design it?  Cut it?  Layer it?  What is it that your wanting? 

Don't make fun of the cookie monster it's just a test. So again I want to cut the 2 colors the blue and the black with registration marks so I can line it up. again I'm just playing to learn. With a graphtec ce6000. Thanks Jeff 

cookie monster test project.jpg

First off,  the design has to be a vector.  2nd, your software cuts by color. Use it.  That software is very similar to Flexisign pro.   You also have HELP at the top of your layout screen, that has instructions on how to cut by color. Or anything else to do with that software.   Your instructions are in the Graphtec Pro Studio program.   You need to take the time to go thru the basics in the instructions and learn how your software works. 

MZ SKEETER,

ok so after vector I went to cut/polt and it wants to cut the whole thing not the different colors. Thanks

2019-10-12_10-34-45.jpg

2019-10-12_10-42-53.jpg

Your not showing your cutting/plot screen. It should show all of your colors that you want to cut.   You need to go to HELP>  Production>CUTTING>CUT/PLOT Dialogbox Box Options TAB> Scroll down the page, your instructions are there. 

I found what you're talking about now in the cut/plot window but still shows only cutting in one color (Black) I have been looking around a bit just don't want to push the wrong button and I know that's the best way to learn :) 

2019-10-12_11-12-38.jpg

The image in the cut/plot screen is not blue and black.  It is only black.  You only have the image 1 color (black)  It should not be on wire frame.   The software is going to cut what it sees.  There is no blue color there. 

I really feel like I'm flying a jet airplane with the controls on this program hehe. So how come there is no blue?? what am I missing? Jeff

3 minutes ago, Worble7 said:

So when I vector the image it can't tell the 2 colors?

If you vector by color.   Or fill the color in the design. 

This design has 3 colors.  RED,, BLACK, WHITE.  and they all show up. So that I can cut each section and layer them.  This is Flexistarter,  very similar to Graphtec Pro.    I also have Graphtec Pro. 

3 colors.JPG

yes I was under the impression that the program could read the colors and separate the different colors to be cut? so now how to fill in the colors do you have a link on a how to  or a video? Thanks Jeff

You need to post a file that you have done, that is not a copyright.    You cannot post that cookie monster file.   Do some TEXT with an outline of a different color.   Practice with that.   You have to have the vector correct first. in 2 colors or more.   The rest of the instructions. I gave you above from the Graphtec Pro Studio.   Nothing more that I can help with. 

Like I said that was a test file I grabbed off the internet not sell anything was just going to learn how to cut multiple color vinyls and put them together again as a test.

Yes, you said that, but no one can help you with a file when you are using copyrighted work. 

Go find some free multi color vectors and work with those.     Or make your own stuff, shapes, text,  of different colors and layer them. 

Now It all comes clear :) it needs to be vectorize in color to know to see the colors found a site that has them to play around with. Thanks for all the help MZ SKEETER

ok so now I have a test image that works and want registration marks to line up how come I cant put the marks where I want them and will they cut even through  can't see them in the cut/plot screen? 

zebra 1.jpg

zebra 2.jpg

Please learn your software. Those are registration marks for contour cutting around a printed design on vinyl.   That is for the ARMS to be lined up to.