Sign in to follow this  
Caseman315

Downloads/drivers

Can someone help me out? I am brand new to this.

I have the titan 2 Running sure cuts a lot 4 on a Mac. I am just trying to get everything set up and I see people talking about drivers needing to be downloaded. Where do I go for this? I can’t seem to find it. 
Is there anything else I need to download to get up and running?

thanks!

Biggest misconception that newbies have -- the cutter is NOT a printer and doesn't install like one. What you have is an external device that operates using a COM port.

After following the instructions Skeetz offered, are you good to go?

Graphtecs  install like a printer.  And this Titan 2 has TRUE USB also.   Graphtecs install under USB. Not a com port number.

printer1.JPG

usb.JPG

This link is not working

The forum changes over the years, links quit working.  Why not introduce yourself and mention what you are looking for.   You have which vinyl cutter, on which operating system, connected how?  What are you looking for?

This link is not working

I run on mac and once had the beta version of Sure cuts a lot pro (SCALP) I was unhappy with it but it IS a viable mac friendly option which are far and few between. They used to offer support at their own website. They probably still do although I am unsure to what extent. 

Sometimes just getting hooked up the first time can be the biggest challenge. IF you are still struggling you might give a try at a different program. SignCut Pro is what I use and they offer a free trial that you could give a shot. The best part about those guys is they actually have live tech help so if you struggle getting hooked up you can put in a support request and a tech will call you and help you. I have even had them remote into my computer to fix a couple connection issues I was having. Once you are running you will probably figure out the path to get the other pogram hooked up too and be off and running. You may find SignCut to be a better option. They used to offer a 1 year subscription with new cutter purchases which is how I got started with them. Something happened and that stopped being available from USC which is too bad IMO.