cleverdave2k

Pix Max help

Hiya can anyone help im at my wits end

Every design i make looks so jaggy and well put it straight crap :(

The offset tests dont look to bad sure  it wouldnt effect straight lines

The cutter is only 2 days old so blade should be brilliant.Using force of 80 and speed of 150

I had a roland before so not sure if im just been a bit to picky  

20191008_001709.jpg

20191008_001738.jpg

Until you get your blade set correctly like below, and your offset, set correctly, you will cut junk.    This is how to set your blade depth correctly, And only cut text right now that  is made with the text tool.   You don't mention which cutting software,   and start blade offset at 0.025 mm.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Just tested the blade is ok just hitting the vinyl and checked the vinyl backing defo no scratches

Its sign cut 2 pro it came with the cutter.Its a odd program every cut it decides to a random square through the design lol.The letters where just from a simple black and shite image traced with inkscape

The offset is a bit confusing as its saying thats the default for a roland 45 degree blade on sign cuts is 0.0095 but i found 0.0107 to be better 

20191008_015155.jpg

Get rid of the traced imaged.  First off, you don't trace text.  Text never traces correctly,  Type out what you want and save it and import it.   You have to start with a good design first. 

The sign cuts sample on the lowest speed the cutter can do.

Just looks completely random the times it does go wrong.Also that bloody square any ideas what it is.Always puts it over a logo 

20191008_022327.jpg

Is the software activated?   I know some soft wares put a line thru it until it is activated.  We have had other people on here with problems with that cutter brand.  It's true you get what you pay for as far as vinyl cutters go. 

Yeah it came free with a year.I thought it was a trademark of some kind but cleared everything do with it and it doesnt show on the cut screen that its going cut it even on the animated previews.

So its a strange one.Wondering if the cutter is a bit iffy going try return it with been so new

You should have saved some more money and gotten a better cutter.  That cutter is on the same level as the  Refine MH cutter on the UScutter site, and we tell buyers not to buy it.  We tell them to at least buy the SC2. It is a better cutter.  Nothing more that I can help with, Contact who you bought the cutter from, They should be your tech support. 

I think you may still have too much blade exposed. If you can see the blade in a photo, you probably have too much. You only need about 3 mil (0.003") sticking out.

• Like 1

Agree with both Skeeter and darcshadow. The single biggest mistake we see is the blade exposure setting. Follow Skeeters directions (second paragraph in second post in this thread). Once you have that set properly then you can start to dial in the rest. 

SignCut Pro is a great cutting interface. If you are having things show up that shouldn't then there is something wrong. I use the original Pro 1 and wouldn't trade for anything. They have free live tech support. Go to the website and enter a support request and they will get with you pretty quickly. On my first cutter I had to have them remote into my computer to figure out what was wrong. Be sure the cutter you chose in SignCut "Cutter" tab is exactly your cutter. SignCut has it's own drivers but your chip (assuming you are using a USB cord) is possibly one of the cheap ones and might need something installed to hook up properly. This would be some sort of installation disc that would have come with your cutter possibly. I'm NOT a technical guru, just making suggestions to check. 

I also agree with Skeeter on testing with a known pristine file so you KNOW there isn't already a rounded corner. Make a small 1" square in Inkscape and use that so you can see if your blade offset is set right. 

• Like 1

try a new file, type text directly into the program, do not import do not trace. test cut that.

if that's still not working for you, try downloading and using Sign Blazer Elements (it's free) and try that.

• Like 1