randyb

Mh 721 not recognized windows 7

I have a mh 721 that i have used for years on my computer with windows XP.

I moved it to a buddys house and cant get it recognized on his computer with windows 7.

I am using a keyspan adapter to go from serial port on printer to USB on computer.The keyspan adapter is installed and recogniized .

Any help is greatly appreciated.

No mention of cutting software.  Match the com port number in computer device manager, with com port number in your cutting software.    

• Like 1

Signblazer, the problem is it's not recognized in device manager,

When the printer is plugged into the keyspan , nothing happens?

There is only 1 brand of Keyspan adapter and it is called Tripp-lite. Is that what you have?  Other cheap usb to serial adapters will not work with a vinyl cutter.  Then you connect the null modem cable that came with your cutter to the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter and to your vinyl cutter.   It is not a printer.  It is a vinyl cutter/plottter.  

This is a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter,  Is this what you have?   Go into your device manager and click on the com port that shows for it and make sure there is not a ? beside it.  If there is the driver is not installed.   There are videos on youtube on how to install a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter to your computer.  Do searches.   Restart your computer after you install it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-USB-Serial-Adapter-by-KEYSPAN-DB9-RS-232/163866962211?epid=2069831655&hash=item26273b6923:g:3~UAAOSwmsJdgLIL

randy, hey whazzup?

Why aren't you just running USB cable from the cutter to the computer? What is the purpose of the adaptor?

I have the Tripp lite keyspan adapter, been using it for years because the USB port broke on the printer end. I moved the machine to a different house and computer with Windows 7

7 minutes ago, randyb said:

Signblazer, the problem is it's not recognized in device manager

Signblazer is not supposed to show up in device manager.   What is the com port number for the Tripplite Keyspan Adapter?  that is what your looking for in device manager. .  Take that number and go into the cutter set up in Signblazer and put it on that com port number.  Those numbers have to match. 

OK, got it, your USB port on your printer cutter is non-functional.

What you'll need to do is follow Skeeter's advice and troubleshoot the com port assignment within Windows Device Manager (right click on the Keyspan item within DM --  select properties, then Port Settings tab, and press Advanced button and the Ports are available on a drop-down list. Make sure it is Com4 or lower.)