Twindover

Cutting PDF Help

I have a pdf logo I am trying to cut. Everything works great except I  have 2 circles in the logo that will not cut. I am a newbie at this so it is probably something simple. I would appreciate any help.

usa logo.pdf

I opened it in flexi and uncompounded it and everything looks good - I did note that 2 of the elements (a circle and part of the shield are another color) so wondering if you are sending all colors to cut or just the one color.

• Like 1

Which two circles are you having problems with?

I opened it with Inkscape and everything looks good as well. I did notice some of the shapes have a stroke to them but that shouldn't cause them not to cut. Also, I don't know if it's just the way Inkscape reads a PDF but there are a lot of layers to the design. For cut vinyl the less layers the better. If your program is using the multiple layers I would suggest punching parts of the design through the other colors to reduce the layer count. This design is 3 colors and can rather easily be done in 2 layers. I would make gold the base layer and just cut one big circle. I would the punch the text through the blue and layer the blue on the gold, and do the same with the white.

• Like 2

Agree with both the previous comments. There are WAY too many layers and several of the elements had stroke which may cause a cutting error may not. 

I took it apart and put it back together like you would want it in a two layer version. This is what we call a "cut ready" file now. Careful study will show the differences. 

USA LOGO 2 layer.pdf