Sign in to follow this  
Coppertop0421

MH 871-MK2 Cutting Issue

My cutter was working great and then the last week when I went to cut a big order its like the blade is dragging over the image and is cutting it all to pieces. Any suggestions??

Z-chip got zapped (static spark).

Don't know what to tell ya, those z-chips are rare as hens' teeth (USCutter doesn't sell that part anymore from what I can see).

If it was an original me I have z chips but on the later models like yours they are different or in most cases not in a socket any,ore requiring a new main board.  When looking for a board check and compare carefully as there have been several versions of the boards

Also, if you don't have the cutter grounded to the stand , if you have one, your likely to have the same problem again. The static comes from the vinyl moving back and forth. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coppertop0421 said:

My cutter was working great and then the last week when I went to cut a big order its like the blade is dragging over the image and is cutting it all to pieces. Any suggestions??

does the blade move up and down at all when trying to cut?  should have started there