marquezjc

Titan 2 cuts super slow on a specific design

Been using a Titan 2 for a couple years with no problems paired with VinylMaster Cut LTR with no problems....   I have a design that was converted to vector by the software and it looks fine.  When I go to cut it, the cutter moves super slow no matter what setting the speed is set to.  I've tried creating a new file and testing with other images.... it only ever has an issue with this one specific image and I can't figure out why.  Any help is appreciated

5 minutes ago, marquezjc said:

Been using a Titan 2 for a couple years with no problems paired with VinylMaster Cut LTR with no problems....   I have a design that was converted to vector by the software and it looks fine.  When I go to cut it, the cutter moves super slow no matter what setting the speed is set to.  I've tried creating a new file and testing with other images.... it only ever has an issue with this one specific image and I can't figure out why.  Any help is appreciated

not than likely thousands of nodes - look closely at the nodes in the design.

• Like 2

I can share it.  Here is the PNG from which I have been vectorizing.  I've tried other files of the same image with no luck.  Never had this happen on any other image before

Stafford Logo (1).png

20 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

not than likely thousands of nodes - look closely at the nodes in the design.

Never thought to look at that since I've never had that issue after vectorizing....  Looked with node editing mode and I think that's what it is...  Guess I'll have to have them search for their original vector artwork.  Is there any automated way to reduce the nodes?  

Dakotagrafx thanks!!  That was it.  I was able to use the reduce node tool in the software to correct the problem.  Thanks for the help!

• Like 2

Some software you can simplify the nodes in.   Do a search, simplify the nodes of a vector design on Google. .  There are options. 

• Like 1

That is a relatively simple design and it would be a good one to practice redrawing by hand rather than an auto trace. Text especially rarely traces well and you can always get a much better result by finding the font and recreating.

• Like 2

what shadow said :)   the stafford is just Brush Script Std (Medium) with a tail added so that is simple to replace