Sign in to follow this  
mactac

Plotter Software

The company I work for is considering buying a vinyl plotter. They’re considering a USCutter plotter. I need to know if your cutter is able to run on Gerber software?

• Like 1

can't say for sure but pretty sure from reading threads for 12 years the only plotter that gerber software works with is gerber plotters - I would lean toward the vinylmaster software of the 2 that uscutter offers.

Unless you buy a graphtec and that comes with some amazing software from graphtec - basically rebranded flexisign - software is worth as much as the plotter

22 hours ago, mactac said:

The company I work for is considering buying a vinyl plotter. They’re considering a USCutter plotter. I need to know if your cutter is able to run on Gerber software?

Jburns has Gerber software and could chime in about what other cutters it will run if any. @Jburns

• Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 11:40 AM, mactac said:

Hi there mactac,  welcome to the Forums.
While I am not a fountain of technical information about running a USC-sold machine directly with Gerber proprietary software, my quick and dirty answer is No Way, Josè.

Your company needs to contact USCUTTER staff through their main website, and request for them to properly evaluate the various workflow requirements you have.

The regular folks here are not affiliated with USCUTTER. Our choice to participate on these Forums is driven by a desire to chat and provide input for others along the lines of "..in our own experiences.."

That being said, best of luck, and hopefully you find a solution that your company is satisfied with.

Check around for used Gerber vinyl cutters, if that could be an option.  There is a couple used Gerber Envision 750 vinyl cutters up on Ebay right now.  $1950 plus ship

I did a little research and while hard to tell for sure I get the impression that the gerber omega software will probably run some other machines. Not sure what vintage your company has but it will be somewhere within the software to have a list of cutters. They don't make a lot of information readily available but I see a couple mentions of ofter cutters so it COULD happen. I would take a minute and look through the menus and/or call Gerber tech support about it. 

• Like 1