cardudenc

upgrading to ltr ?s

after starting with vm cut since it came with my cutter I soon started having issue with the software locking up/ shutting dn . I would always get an error message. sent in several tickets but never got anything fixed so I purchased scalps4 . have been using it ever since unless seeing a post or something on here. last I tried using vm cut was when an update was posted on here.  so now im looking at upgrading to scalps5. so I looked at the vm ltr upgrade. basically same price for the upgrade. anyone using ltr have the issues I had with the cut version? after my experience with vm cut unsure if I trust spending the $ for the upgrade. so would like to hear from those using ltr before I buy an upgrade

I have VM Pro and yes, I do run into a shutting down issue.  Seems to happen when I have a lot of very large files open for a few hours. Pro lets you have multiple pages in the same file, so if I'm doing a logo I might have a dozen or more versions of it in the same file. And I might have 4 or 5 files open, stealing bits an pieces from work I've done before.  It may just be using up to much memory, but I never remember to pay attention to the memory usage area at the bottom of the page.

The good news is that it doesn't just lock up or shut down anymore. An upgrade a year or so ago seems to have helped and now it pops up a warning dialog asking if you want to shut down, restart or try to continue.  So far I've never lost any data and its never done it while cutting.  When it restarts it tells you that it shut down with unsaved changes and asks if you want to open those file and save things.  I've noticed that the "restart" doesn't seem to work as well as "shut down" and then restarting it yourself....probably a memory clearing issue.

Do y'all know if its an issue related to the version of software, or a limitation to the software, or possibly RAM?

1 hour ago, haumana said:

Do y'all know if its an issue related to the version of software, or a limitation to the software, or possibly RAM?

I don’t use it all the time , never had it shut down on an  8 core 64 go system . . , 

It happened a lot when I first upgraded to pro, but then an update came out and it seemed to help quite a bit.

This pc only has 8G of ram and I'll have a number of apps open at once, so I suspect it's a memory issue.  That being said, seems that the software should handle multiple files being open better than that.

I have LTR and only on occasion have I had it shut down. I suspect when it does it is because I have multiple programs running at the same time and it is a memory issue as others have stated.

LTR also allows you to have multiple pages in the same file and opens up additional fonts which is the main reason I upgraded.

Overall I am pretty happy with it and for me it was worth the upgrade cost.

The best way to avoid this is not to have too many very high-resolution images all open at the same time. If you must work with very high-resolution images keep it to one document and as few as possible.

• Like 1

What is the latest update available for VM Pro v4.0? 

Mine is showing the last update as 12/19/2017, 9:23:56 am.

5 minutes ago, VinylMaster said:

It depends which edition you have? Is it the USCutter edition? 

Yes, it is the US Cutter version.  

Thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.