MrJoel

iPhone 11 back glass and what vinyl sticks?

Ok guys, I usually do some custom skins for my favorite customers when a new phone comes out.  I got my 11 pro max today and that matte back glass seems to be adhesive resistant... no bueno!  I have a few brands heated and sitting for the night!  Suggestions?

solvent printable convex sticks to almost anything - - getting it off will be another story :)

37 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

solvent printable convex sticks to almost anything - - getting it off will be another story :)

Kinda want to keep them as customers so... might pass on convex... cause it’s on there forever!!!

20 minutes ago, MrJoel said:

Kinda want to keep them as customers so... might pass on convex... cause it’s on there forever!!!

bet it still isn't as strong as that stuff they print decals for teflon pans on - seriously what is that stuff?   and why lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2019 at 8:37 PM, MrJoel said:

Ok guys, I usually do some custom skins for my favorite customers when a new phone comes out.  I got my 11 pro max today and that matte back glass seems to be adhesive resistant... no bueno!  I have a few brands heated and sitting for the night!  Suggestions?

how do you make the skins? I've been wanting to look into it for phones and chromebook keyboards and some other things for our school logo. what material is used?

1 hour ago, VinylM said:

how do you make the skins? I've been wanting to look into it for phones and chromebook keyboards and some other things for our school logo. what material is used?

I used to do some - a quality orajet or 3m printable vinyl and appropriate laminate along with a solvent printer and laminator ($15,000 will get you set up with equipment before supplies) and you are off and running in a crowded market  - - - -

4 hours ago, VinylM said:

I usually use solid color 3m 180mc (I think that’s it) and it has a higher tack than most once post heated but even my reflective wasn’t sticking.  I paid for a template when I first started doing it but I have my own style now and don’t do it as much anymore... just for a few special peeps in that industry.   Leave it to apple to take the most tacky surface in the world and make it have low surface energy now... jeesh