Dakotagrafx

new prismcut plotter announced by uscutter

grandkids here today so won't be able to track down the link for the update - doesn't scal have a update link in the menu like most other programs?      back to runny noses and crying for a while - will try to check back later

As a side note, if you have your other cutters blade depth at a credit card thickness, you will want to fix them with my instructions,  that is way too much blade exposed. You should barely see and feel the blade tip, You only cut with the very tip of the blade.  And start your blade offset at around 0.25mm   and work in small changes to get the offset correct. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

As a side note, if you have your other cutters blade depth at a credit card thickness, you will want to fix them with my instructions,  that is way too much blade exposed. You should barely see and feel the blade tip, You only cut with the very tip of the blade.  And start your blade offset at around 0.25mm   and work in small changes to get the offset correct. 

I did exactly that.  US Cutter took care of the re-install with the patches.  My blade is adjusted as you described.  ALL IS WELL!   Thank you all again

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Maybe it's me,  But it says the Token is expired for that fix link for the update.

It wasn't just you, it had expired, I have just updated the link in the other thread, and I'll link it again here in case anyone else finds this thread.

Here is the link to the newest version of Sure Cuts A Lot 4 Pro for Mac.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, gailherran said:

I did exactly that.  US Cutter took care of the re-install with the patches.  My blade is adjusted as you described.  ALL IS WELL!   Thank you all again

Now that your back in business, and your Prisim is running good. let us know the pros and cons of it. We haven't heard from anyone who has bought it. 

Other than that it is good so far.  It't not as quiet as I expected.  The Wi-Fi works great.  Plus I need to spend more time here on the forum so I can learn.  :)  After 13 years of doing this, I am sure there are lots of things I can learn

1 hour ago, gailherran said:

Other than that it is good so far.  It't not as quiet as I expected.  The Wi-Fi works great.  Plus I need to spend more time here on the forum so I can learn.  :)  After 13 years of doing this, I am sure there are lots of things I can learn

being a stepper motor I wouldn't think it would be super quiet but usually the higher end stepper motor cutters with finer resolution are not as noisy as the cheaper units.    will be curious to see how many select this for the wireless over the servo motor titan2,3 etc

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

being a stepper motor I wouldn't think it would be super quiet but usually the higher end stepper motor cutters with finer resolution are not as noisy as the cheaper units.    will be curious to see how many select this for the wireless over the servo motor titan2,3 etc

My Titan 3 is a good cutter too.  Quieter than my MH721.  

• Like 1