TahoeMomma

Something a little stronger than Oracle 631 for wall decals?

Does anyone know of something a little stronger for wall decals than Oracle 631, I've been reading posts from Amazon from people who are having issues with there vinyl that they have paid good money for only to have their decal's start falling off only mire days after putting them on. I know that Oracle 651 is too strong and will take off paint when the decal is no longer needed but there has to be something in between the two. And in of course a matte finish preferably. Hope to hear from someone soon, it's for a baby's room

Many times it is just user error.  Not cleaning the walls.  Paint with teflon in it to stop to keep dirt sticking to it.  People painting walls and not waiting long enough to cure before putting up decals.  I see a lot of complaints on sellers using  Wall decals, which is why I have never gotten into it. Too many reasons, to stop them from sticking.    Maybe try the GreenStar indoor.  From the color charts if appears to be General Formulations vinyl.  I use the outdoor General Formulations without any problems.  

I used some Oracal 651 on a wall here.  It came right off, heating it up with a hair dryer before peeling it off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did some personal testing with 651 and 751 and both came off about as easy as the 631 did. The glue residue being the only slight difference but it was not much either. Walls are really tough to install on even for experienced folks and the water based adhesive makes it that much tougher IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also keep in mind, the people that hang their vinyl with no issues rarely post anything on Amazon, it's only the people that have problems that make the noise.

I put some 631 on a textured wall with no problems multiple times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1