Sign in to follow this  
Johnmpcny

Mimaki CJ 150 prints to cut on Titan ll

We do our printing in Rasterlink 6 (also have 5) to the Mimaki and now want to cut the job in the titan with mastercut software, I cant find the proper steps to take the file with the crop and cut data from rasterlink to VinylMaster cut  4  and then cut on the titan. Any link to instructions or someone describes the best workflow steps to use? Maybe just print to mimaki from mastercut and not use rasterlink for those jobs? I don't see a driver for cj 150 printers.  Better  Can rasterlink  6 drive a titan to cut? 

wish I could help but for 6 years I used versaworks with the roland and in that program you use the RIP program to cut from too.  I would have thought that Rasterlink would be the same but guess not

Rasterlink will print and cut also but I can't find the titan to cut from rasterlink directly.  Is there a driver for that? Maybe I am thinking the wrong way and need to look at doing it there and not using VM4 only for cut only jobs

16 minutes ago, Johnmpcny said:

Rasterlink will print and cut also but I can't find the titan to cut from rasterlink directly.  Is there a driver for that? Maybe I am thinking the wrong way and need to look at doing it there and not using VM4 only for cut only jobs

Try some of the saga drivers in rasterlink as the titans are rebranded saga plotters

Guess I am not much help then - I owned 3 roland print and cut units and never even thought about trying to do the cutting in another program as my versaworks put the registration marks on the prints for me and don't think I could have outputted that info to another program.