tooler82

New Printer/Cutter Purchase

Our Mimaki CJV30-130 is finally coming to the end of life. It’s been discontinued for a long time, and hard to get support now. Now we’re in the market for a new one. Just don’t know what the go to brand or model is. I see the new thing is UV LED. It’s dry as soon as it comes out. Any recommendations on something that will take us for awhile and not be outdated and discontinued as soon as we buy it?

With roland you can get parts 8+ years later - I have owned 3 rolands and even as they got older parts were still available and support was there.
The UV LED cured was hailed as the big thing about 4-5 years ago and several places in california would put that was necessary in the contracts because it is more ecologically friendly - with that said the cost of replacement curing lights was a factor from those I spoke with and eco-solvent is more universal and has never died down.   either way I would go Roland just from actual hands on experience and those that I also know that own them never go for anything else when they upgrade

I’ve always heard Roland was the way to go. So you think eco solvent is the ink to go with? Also, do they make a printer / cutter combo or 2 different machines? 

almost all of the rolands are combo printer cutter - personally I liked the eco solvent as I didn't have any clients that required the uv cured so the extra expense for me was unnecessary.  in your case might be worth a trip to a trade show or dealer and compare the cost to benefit side of that - I am not sure if the uv cured still requires regular light/led changes or if that was solved too - in any case I personally wont have anything other than a roland unless someone gave me one :)