freddybpr

Hello guys, and a warm hello from Puerto Rico!!

Right now I run you can say a "side business" from home of decals, T shirt (htv) and and some sublimated blanks. I will like to add signs for vehicles, shops, banners, etc.Currently I just have a Cameo 3 which limit me to 12" tall x 10 feet long of max area to work. I will like to get a 24" cutter to cover a bigger area. I know a lot of people says Graphtec is the way to go, but I can't really justify that price tag yet.

I will love a servo motor cutter, that's why I'm thinking on the Titan 2.

To ALL Pros here, should I get the Titan 2 or you guys think I can get by with the Titan 1 or other cutter like the LP3 or the SC?

Thanks in advance and I am whiling to read all your advises.

I've been getting by for years with the SC2.

Probably the LP3 is enough bang for your buck.

What price are you budgeted for?

• Like 1

I would stretch it to the titan2 - servos are the way to go - and the plotter is the heartbeat of any operation so not the place to skimp. you can get by with a sc2 or titan1 and then upgrade later or just bit the bullet and get the servo now

• Like 1

thanks a lot guys... I think i gonna bite the  bullet and get the Titan 2.

Now for the software, do i need to upgrade for the LTR version or I can get away with inkspace or do you recommend another program?

I am pretty good with Silhouette Studio (business edition) but does not works with the titan :(

Thanks again for your support and helping me out on this adventure :)

you can start with the ltr and upgrade that later - VM has a 50 percent off upgrade offer.  I don't use inkscape but lots of people on here do and swear it is powerful program

I'm a big Inkscape fan. I just do this as a hobby but it has been able to do everything I've needed. You can even cut directly from it, although it's cutting is very basic. I personally would stick with your current cutting software for cutting and use Inkscape for design.

Design software is really more about personal preference than anything else.

• Like 1

Yep, that's why I stick with SignBlazer.  Cartoon interface, but I like it.

By the way, you can try calling USCUTTER and speak with a sales rep to work out a discount pricing deal on the equipment & supplies you'll need. Right now, free shipping on material orders (not machine) over $99.00 (vinyl, HTV, weeding & cutting tools, app tape, banners, magnets, coroplast sign blanks, etc.)

You can also save over a hundred and fifty dollars by getting one of the REFURBISHED units they have available.
https://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-28-inch-TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Yep, that's why I stick with SignBlazer.  Cartoon interface, but I like it.

By the way, you can try calling USCUTTER and speak with a sales rep to work out a discount pricing deal on the equipment & supplies you'll need. Right now, free shipping on material orders (not machine) over $99.00 (vinyl, HTV, weeding & cutting tools, app tape, banners, magnets, coroplast sign blanks, etc.)

You can also save over a hundred and fifty dollars by getting one of the REFURBISHED units they have available.
https://www.uscutter.com/Refurbished-28-inch-TITAN-2-Vinyl-Cutter

we have seen a couple of people get refurbs that were less than happy in the past 6+ months - so I would think hard on that one.   be prepared for the sales rep to try to sell you other things and keep in mind the sales reps are hired off the street with little actual plotter experience.  With all the other opportunities in Redmond they tend to work a little while and move onto google, amazon, microsoft ect - not that all are knowledgeable but keep in mind they may have limited actual experience and sell based on what is said in meetings rather than actual experience.