Sign in to follow this  
Janelholly

Cutting Issues

I have a MH 721-MK2 plotter and every time I cut something its shifted over.  Even when I try the test area it shifts over at least an inch or so.   How can I correct this?

Thanks

What is shifted over?  If your referring to the vinyl. Never be pulling from the vinyl roll while cutting.  Make sure you have the blade depth set correctly by my instructions which is posted hundreds of times on this forum.  Run the cutter slow until you learn it.  Always prefeed the vinyl back and forth, and leave the vinyl slack behind the machine, enough to do the order.  Make sure the pinch rollers are an equal distance from the vinyl edge. The pinch roller marks will not hurt the vinyl.   You purchased a bottom of the barrel cutter, which we tell buyers not to buy, many known problems with it.   An SC2 would have been a much better vinyl cutter. 

• Like 2

think skeeter hit it with reference to tracking - if the vinyl isn't started straight then it won't track straight - no sticker or what you think is a straight edge will be true - running if forward and backward and adjusting the vinyl till it is straight is the most reliable way to get your vinyl starting straight

Another possibility ... check your x.y and make sure you reset your point of origin prior to cutting.

Other than that ... all of what Skeeter said. Maybe it should be a sticky. ;)