jdornan

MH871 MK2 Retracts Vinyl after job complete

This is more of an annoyance than a problem but when I forget it has happened its an issue. 

When I cut a job using the MK2 via SCALP on my MAC Pro after the job is complete it retracts the vinyl back to its original position in the machine instead of leaving it at the end of the job. 

Is this a function of the cutter or the software and does anyone know if I can change this behaviour? There are time I forget and send another job over and then ruin the first cut job and have to start both over again, very frustrating. Any advice is appreciated .

Hopefully in your software / cutter commands, there should be a function "Advance [x] After Cut" ?

Of course as soon as I posted I finally found the setting called "Rewind to origin - moves the blade back to the cutter's origin point " in the software settings its only available in the Pro version and on in all versions by default so you must upgrade to see it and disable it. 

Keep in mind though, even if you do advance after the plot you still can not send another job right away. It'll advance to the origin and start cutting over the first design. You have to be sure to hit the reset origin button after each job.

• Like 1