Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Arty-RC - batten down the hatches and stay safe

Thanks Scotty. I topped off the vehicles yesterday and my gas cans for my generator are full. All my battery devices and backup power supplies are charged. Tomorrow I'll charge up the lipo batteries that I use for my planes for more 12v power. I'll start putting up the shutters after the 11 o'clock update. All my canned goods are ready also. Everyone else in the path of this storm, BE SAFE!

• Like 1

Same here.   People are going crazy.   gas stations without gas, and empty grocery store shelves.  I messed up 2 years ago and wasn't prepared for Irma.   NOT this time.  

I have a generator now that plugs directly into the side of the house and I can power most everything.   Flashlights are ready, power banks are charged, food in the pantry with plenty of propane to cook.  

unfortunately I happen to be on call at the hospital this week so that means I have to stay there during the storm.   But again I'm prepared and have an air mattress ready for my wife, son, and myself as well as anything else we need.   

It's funny because the last time we went through this my wife was 8 months pregnant with my son.  Now he gets to join in on the fun.   

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Go-C Graphics said:

Same here.   People are going crazy.   gas stations without gas, and empty grocery store shelves.  I messed up 2 years ago and wasn't prepared for Irma.   NOT this time.  

I have a generator now that plugs directly into the side of the house and I can power most everything.   Flashlights are ready, power banks are charged, food in the pantry with plenty of propane to cook.  

unfortunately I happen to be on call at the hospital this week so that means I have to stay there during the storm.   But again I'm prepared and have an air mattress ready for my wife, son, and myself as well as anything else we need.   

It's funny because the last time we went through this my wife was 8 months pregnant with my son.  Now he gets to join in on the fun.   

stay safe - I get the on call thing - I was usually at the prison for major weather and the night the house took a direct lightning strike 0 sgt let me come home and unhook some things- retrip what breakers I could so the baby and wife had something to work with and right back to the prison - $8K later things were fixed - about 4 months later that is.

again stay safe and hoping the best for everyone down there

• Like 1

We're as ready as you can get. Same as arty-rc. Tanks topped off, propane ready for cooking (if needed) generator topped off with extra fuel ready and fresh batteries on hand with everything charged up. "Ain't our first goat ropin'.". Now it's just waiting it out and see what direction it goes. Best of luck to everyone in the path.

This morning looks like our carolina friends will be in danger :(   Still hoping everyone stays safe everywhere

• Like 1

Very anticlimactic.  Nothing more then some short heavy thunder storms.  The rest of the time the weather has been beautiful.   

• Like 1

Yea, we dodged a bullet there. Not even much rain and very little wind here.. Hope it completely misses everyone else.

• Like 1

I agree with us dodging the bullet. Now to take down the shutters, get all the hurricane supplies and lights stowed away until the next one comes along.  

• Like 1

Tropical depressions all across the open Atlantic, which has become a three-ring circus of tropical activity with Dorian in the main ring and other concerning areas brewing farther out, over the central and eastern part of the ocean.
Gabrielle is forming from Tropical Depression Eight.

This is the only Gabrielle I know about. Hopefully any hurricane namesake won't be so fierce!!

gabrielle_xl-300x177.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1