Briguy

MH 721 not cutting correctly

Hi, I've had this model for years and running great with Sign Blazer .

I recently bought by friend's MH721 and it's fine with small jobs . I've been trying to figure out what the deal is . Smaller stuff like 3x3 and 12x12 it great .

I'm trying to cut a number that it 11.5x60 and its starts out correctly but everytime time the blade goes all the way left until it hits the side . Tried changing the cutter settings to design size and still does this. 

I don't get why it's doing this and never had a problem with my old 721 .

Thanks for any help .

Hi buddy, I hate to ask the obvious, but what about the checkbox "Rotate Across Vinyl" (Cut screen) ?

• Like 1

We don't have a lot of love for the MH here on the forum. You are personally experiencing why. More problems with that model than any other. It's so low in the barrel that you have to scrape the gunk out to even get to it. (metaphorically speaking). A similar post a week or two back slice&dice used a term I had not heard before: "cliff it" and I am still chuckling about that, the mental image.  

I've had great success with my first mh . Didn't have one issue with it . Got this from a friend to get by until I can get a graphtec .

9 hours ago, Briguy said:

I've had great success with my first mh . Didn't have one issue with it . Got this from a friend to get by until I can get a graphtec .

I understand, and the MH does serve as a good tool to get your feet wet without too much investment. I started out with a budget model too although I went a couple rungs up from the bottom with a P-Cut (no longer offered) similar to the new SC2. Not much more out of pocket but I think quite a bit better machine. I reached the point I was getting jobs that my machine could not handle and ended up investing in a servo machine. After the upgrade I don't think I would go back at any cost. The difference is so dramatic it's hard to believe. I do a lot of HTV shirt work and was trying to cut multiple small left chest graphics. The most I could get away with was about 10 without having something go wonky and ruin the whole batch. I had to spray anti-static cling around the cutter to keep it from having static electrical problems and hovered over the cut while it was going in case it decided to glitch out and I could immediately stop it and save the ones that got done. with my new machine I have literally loaded up a 50 yard roll and started the cutter working on hundreds of copies and went to bed. It will cut all night and be sitting ready for me in the morning. 

11 hours ago, Briguy said:

It`s checked

The question really is --  "Is the design oriented properly / lengthwise? "   Checking or unchecking that box will allow the design to follow along the width or length of the vinyl. Pick one, according to your vinyl size.

It sounds like you have no problem with it when you stay within the cutting limits so slice is on the right track. Does the design end up going off the edge and therefore your cutting head follow it to hit the red button?

Yes, it starts out fine then its cutting the image towards the left . I always set it to cut from right and press the origin button before sending file to the cutter .

2 minutes ago, Briguy said:

Yes, it starts out fine then its cutting the image towards the left . I always set it to cut from right and press the origin button before sending file to the cutter .

Does it do the same with the pen? 

5 minutes ago, Briguy said:

Haven't tried with the pen, I don't have any paper big enough .

Use the back of your vinyl.  Just turn it over, vinyl facing down. 

• Like 1

My guess would be static build up from such a long run, which the pen/paper test would confirm or rule out. Do you have the vinyl/stand grounded?

So what about the pen test?  If the test completes, then more than likely it is static,  We have also stated many times to put the value cutters on a Tripp-Lite Keyspan adapter.  That is the brand name.  Those cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.   Find the best price

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_2?crid=36DGC7OJW03NP&keywords=tripp-lite+keyspan+usa-19hs&qid=1567183011&s=gateway&sprefix=Tripp-lite+%2Caps%2C318&sr=8-2

Tried pen test and tried with nothing in the carriage.  Just brought it back to my friend and ordered a MK2 to use until I get the $ to buy a Graphtec.

1 hour ago, Briguy said:

Tried pen test and tried with nothing in the carriage.  Just brought it back to my friend and ordered a MK2 to use until I get the $ to buy a Graphtec.

The Refines are not like what was sold years ago,which is why we  tell buyers not to get one.  They are very limited on memory. Bad tracking, static, and communication problems You should have at least gotten the SC2.  For $400-419, you would have gotten a much better machine.   My 2c of being on here for years and reading all of the complaints. 

• Like 2