Sign in to follow this  
eprcvinyls

Best material to use for large (4x8ft) outdoor sign?

So A club I deal with wants a new outdoor sign, the one they have now is maybe 4 foot by 6 foot maybe its a banner. they want something that will hold up in the weather (wind,rain,snow (maybe) this is GA we don't get much snow. But anyways they know i do vinyl stuff and asked what would be the best material for such a thing.  I have only used  Corrugated blanks,  I have used smaller ones, 2x3 ft maybe, And the wind seems to really bend them if not supported well. 4x8foot

I thought about maybe just putting vinyl on Plexiglass but unless it was pretty thick there is chance of it cracking . needs to be kinda strong so the grass cutter cant crack it with a rock or something.

any suggestions? they like to keep it cheap as possible.

Thanks

I second the Dibond. Around there they have another slightly cheaper option called E-panel that is pretty much the same but can't handle being warped like disband can. So if it's staying straight I always use the E-panel. Other than that you are back to regular signboard which is heaver and will probably be more likely to give long term problems along the edges of the board or go to an actual aluminum sign blank which is heavy and expensive but the toughest of them all IMO. 

GRIMCO calls it MaxMetal.

There is also a thicker version, holds up for years outdoors.

Grimco also sells a "kit" for post & panel sign.

https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/StandardSignFrame

I built a special easel on one wall of the shop just for doing 4 X 8 signs.

mark-s

• Like 1

Do you want to print this banner on some kind of plastic material or textile? It's better to make such a banner from more durable materials for a long period. When we installed the banner at our cultural center, we made a mistake with the material. He couldn't stand it for more than two months. I suggest you don't repeat our mistakes and install something more water-resistant and durable. I've seen several variants of banners on https://baliandboo.com/collections/house-signs. It's a sign company that deals with house signs and banners. As far as I know, all signs are made for many years, so your banner of their production will surely serve you for a very long time.