Sign in to follow this  
willowrungraphics

Flexi Product manager making weird corners

Long story short adobe pulled my license to cs6 after stating I owned a pirated serial number. I subscribed to the newest version of AI but my FC7000-75 plotter is too old to be compatible with cutting master plugin for illustrator. So i pulled out my old version of flexi 8 and figured i could use the product manager to cut jobs to my ancient plotter. The first test print went good, adjusted some speed settings, and when I went to cut again it started putting weird hooks on the sharp corners of all right angle edges. I reset the cutter back to factory settings and its still doing it. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to get the shop back up and running after moving to a new location. Everything was working perfect at my old location with cs6 and cutting master 2. I know the plotter is like 13-14 years old but it still runs like a dream. If i could just get this kink ironed out.... If i test from the plotter is cuts smooth, just printed the weird hooks on the edges when sending from flexi 8 with the product manager. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

68984108_944124129254913_1661142184423849984_n.jpg

68328012_1841681892601439_674847294729748480_n.jpg

69544982_592427621161831_8578791552753598464_n.jpg

I have never seen cuts like that.  But Flexi 8 is not compatible with Windows 10.   It is only for XP and older Windows.  I still cut on XP computers.   Does the Flexi8 have a USB dongle?   Like a flash drive that goes into your USB port?    I run all of my features, from the Graphtec Cutting Contoller.   Force, Speed etc. 

Download Signblazer and try it. The cutter is listed on it.  Or buy some new software. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/

first pictures show grossly wrong offset - offset can be set in flexi pro but should be 0 for your graphtec - the bottom picture I am not seeing what is wrong

The bottom picture is a test cut from the plotter itself. No strange edges. When i cut from flexi I get the weird edges. The first 2 prints I did were great and then it started freaking out the following cuts

So what do you have the blade offset at?  Look at your cutter as well as Flexi. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, willowrungraphics said:

Somehow the knife offset got selected to .1 in the product manager settings.

13D385FC-1A31-4B30-85A9-D51BEA99CA4A.jpeg

47B924F2-DBFE-4F77-BF30-C689A51FC4A8.jpeg

Darn those Gremlins:lol::lol: Glad to hear it's working OK