Often when I'm setting up a cutfile in VM I'll have some room left over so I through an extra decal in there rather than letting the vinyl go to waste.  It makes great samples to give away.  I'll also use the extra space to test if a design can be cut that small and still easily weeded.  My problem is storage.  Apparently throwing them on top of the filing cabinet doesn't really qualify as proper storage.  I thought about a flat file like I've used for blueprints, but they are way to big.  Anyone have any great storage ideas?  If it's portable you earn extra points!

For small stuff I used to use an plastic accordion folder, can lay flat and less space required

• Like 1

I like that idea.  There should be an accordion folder laying around here somewhere, I'll have to give it a try.  Thanks!

Now to find something for these longer ones.

• Like 1

When I first started I saved all my scrap but after tons of small pieces stacked up it all goes in the trash now unless it’s like a foot wide then I will save it.

but I don’t sell decals per-say  I only do signs, Banners and lighted signage.

• Like 2

I cut the long side out of Oracal vinyl boxes  50 yd x 24" and 30".  My vinyl pieces are rolled up and standing in these boxes with sizes written on them.  You can see the colors very easy.  I have the boxes just sitting on the floor side by side. 

• Like 1

I like your vinyl storage solution Mz Skeeter.  I need to give that a try with some of these rolls I don't need to get at very often, the rest is hanging on the wall.

What I'm really looking for is ways of storing completed decals.  If I'm cutting a file that doesn't use up the full 24" I'll sometimes cut misc. decals out of the excess at the same time. Just stuff I give away as samples.  But they start to pile up after a while and need a decent way to store them.  Going to try Dakota's accordion file one of these days.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 9:30 AM, MZ SKEETER said:

I cut the long side out of Oracal vinyl boxes  50 yd x 24" and 30".  My vinyl pieces are rolled up and standing in these boxes with sizes written on them.  You can see the colors very easy.  I have the boxes just sitting on the floor side by side. 

would you be able to post a picture of what that looks like???

12 minutes ago, VinylM said:

would you be able to post a picture of what that looks like???

It's pretty self explanatory,  Take a 50 yd vinyl box, or other long box and cut the side off. Cut the 6" x 24" sizes.  

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It's pretty self explanatory,  Take a long box and cut the top off. Cut the 6" x 24" sizes.  

what does cut the 6"x 24" sizes mean?