Sir Naggedalot

Over Lapping and centers being filled,when using the fill option.

Hello, I hope this message finds you really well.

I have been getting to grips with the Flexisign10 program and while I've been getting the hang of some basic aspects, I have a problem that I can't solve when it comes to the fill plot option in the Cut/Plot window.

The problem I have is when I select the fill plot option the center of the P or O (counter?) is filled and then filled again as the body (bowl?) is filled. This is also the case when I have graphics that need filling with counters in them also.

I have uploaded a couple of videos that show the problem I am encountering and any advice would be very much appreciated as I'm at a loss as to solve this issue!

Since seeing the state of the rollers I have cleaned them!

The missing parts of the cut plot is because of the force setting being to low I think, as I increased it and it worked fine?

Thanks for any help that may be forthcoming. :)

Kindest Regards and best wishes to you all.:thumbsup:

I'm not a flexi person and have never used this option but it seems to be that your objects are not built properly. Your O for instance is being treated like two separate objects. You need to have made sure the O is a compound shape in that there is a hole through it rather than two circles in your case ovals that sit atop one another. I can tell you how to deal with this in Adobe but not flexi but maybe the info is enough for you to trouble shoot it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Wildgoose. :thumbsup:I had a fiddle with the compound settings and its something else I need to master as the circle does come out as a solid under certain settings,but it turns out this wasn't the problem.

What the problem turned out to be was I hadn't Selected the Weld Option in the cut/fill window that comes up just before you send it to the production manager. So simple but yet so frustrating!:D

I'll post a screen shot later and a short vid when I get home from work.

2 hours ago, Sir Naggedalot said:

Thanks for the info Wildgoose. :thumbsup:I had a fiddle with the compound settings and its something else I need to master as the circle does come out as a solid under certain settings,but it turns out this wasn't the problem.

What the problem turned out to be was I hadn't Selected the Weld Option in the cut/fill window that comes up just before you send it to the production manager. So simple but yet so frustrating!:D

I'll post a screen shot later and a short vid when I get home from work.

It’s usually something silly like that. It should do that automatically when you convert to curves from live text at least that’s how it works in AI. Those frustrating lessons are the ones that remain ingrained in our minds though so experience really IS the best teacher.