Sign in to follow this  
newtovinyl

splicing two colors

How do I make a phrase have two colors?  

I am looking to change this to Rocket Pride and make it red & white.   I cannot figure out how to get the two colors.  I will not be using a mascot, just want the wording.

Pride.png

you will need to cut the image twice, once in each color. make sure you put the slash lines through both of them. That way everything should like up when you weed out what you don't want, and very carefully treat it like you're layering.

or, you could just layer one color over the other.

I don't think I explained myself very good. :(

I understand cutting it twice; what I am not understanding how to make it in the two colors in VM.   The picture I attached is an idea of what I am wanting to create.  My wording will actually say:  ROCKET PRIDE.

Because you need to cut it twice, equally the same size, it doesn't matter if you "recolor" it in VM, it can be any color you want, because the color that you will get is the color you put into the cutter.

If it were my project, I would just convert everything to the same color, then put in a polylines that will place your slices where you need to color transition to be.

There are often times when I work in just basic primary colors to differentiate weed boxes vs. design, and neither of those colors have anything to do with the color vinyl I put in the machine. (ie. the design in the software is black, the weed box is red (in the background), and the color vinyl that goes into the machine is white).

But if you really, really must have the design itself (solely in your software) be in two colors as you're are seeing in  your photo, then you'll need to get the design, put the polyline slices in it, copy and paste a second copy, then node edit out the appropriate portions you don't need, the piece is back together. Going to the honest, it's not worth the time and effort. Just do one design, doesn't matter what color, then cut it twice with the two different vinyls.

• Like 1

I am not good at design with VM but you should have some tools to cut this into sections. In fact there are probably two or three ways to get there. I design in Adobe Illustrator so my skill set is not going to be helpful. In AI I would build the design then drop a rectangle over the part I wanted a different color and use it to divide the three sections. Bear in mind on the shirt it will be a little challenging to line all that up because once you press the first color it will cause things to shrink and expand and the next layer will be hard to get perfect alignment. You should always pre-heat your garment but even that will not stop the shrink and movement that happens with HTV. Best way I have found is to preheat extra long then press the first color just enough to get the carrier off (about 3 seconds with Siser) then quickly get the second layer on before it has chance to cool off too far. Still hard. I often design with some overlap to try and help. That particular design has those dividing lines and they will help hide misalignment so someone has their thinking cap on with that layout. 

• Like 1

Agree with wildgoose, cut in two sections, saving vinyl.

I also would have used a rectangle&polyline node edit over the text (Signblazer program) and split the 2 parts.

It sounds complicated, but isn't.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this