Guest midwestmomm

Why won't my image vectorize?

Also, if you drag and drop any file into VinylMaster it will work out whether it is an image (bitmap) or a vector. You can choose this in File (menu) > Import and if you select Image file then vector files will be ignored. 

• Like 1

Guest CjT

Hi, no matter what file I upload, eps, png, etc, It tells me I have to vectorize before cut EVERY time. How do I get a file to upload and be cut ready without needing to vectorize?

Half the time my vectorizer doesnt work. It will trace the image, then the final image is just a window sized black box with no image left. Please help!!

39 minutes ago, Guest CjT said:

... How do I get a file to upload and be cut ready without needing to vectorize?

Half the time my vectorizer doesnt work. It will trace the image, then the final image is just a window sized black box with no image left. Please help!!

You don’t. Unless you’re cutting (true type font) text directly into VM, or creating a design within the VM software, it has to be vectorized before hand. 

Cutters will only cut vector images. Not all .eps files are vector, and none of the .png files are vector. 

if you want a reliable vectorizing engine, take a look at Inkscape. It’s free. Drop your raster image in there, trace the bitmap, delete the raster image and save the vectored one. Then you can import that into VM. 

btw - I encourage you to take the time to register for this forum, then your post won’t need to wait for approval, and it’s free. 

Guest Klipz

I had the same problem. I fixed it after you trace the image on vectorize and before hitting accept, go to EDIT at the top of the main options and go down to EDIT CURRENT COLOR. Choose a different color like red or yellow and then it will accept the image. 

I am happy to discover that Vinylmaster is exactly the same as my program "Drawcut" purchased with the SECABO "German" brand.

Ther is no support website and then no online help for draw.

I can now try to find Vinylmaster helps and videos.

I encounter also problems to vectorise some pictures and i really need to reduce a lot the size (in pixels) of some of them.

Hopefully, i use them for T-shirts but i can imagine that trying on bigger support may requires bigger files.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Leticasanova.fr

I am happy to discover that Vinylmaster is exactly the same as my program "Drawcut" purchased with the SECABO "German" brand.

Ther is no support website and then no online help for draw.

I can now try to find Vinylmaster helps and videos.

I encounter also problems to vectorise some pictures and i really need to reduce a lot the size (in pixels) of some of them.

Hopefully, i use them for T-shirts but i can imagine that trying on bigger support may requires bigger files.

Leticasanova.fr

Interesting. I often do just the opposite. I sometimes have clients who don't have a vector of their logo and only have an old business card or similar and it's small and perhaps messy or in an image file and not clear enough. When I need to do a trace I use a program called SimillaEnlarger that lets me blow them up much bigger. It uses some sort of engine to interpret what the edges probably should be. I find that going about 500% will let the trace program smooth out the fine details a bit better. Once I trace and expand as a vector then I'm good with less clean-up. Most of the time I actually just hand trace logo's for more direct control. Image trace engines always tend to do funky things in their quest to create a vector. 

If you are able to, download Inkscape (inkscape.org), and you can use that program to vectorize some of your artwork.  It's an open source (freeware) program, and has a very good vectorizing engine.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, i have already installed the program but the drawcut (vinylmaster) was from now the easiest and fastest way.

I have also to use inkscape has i i am start embroidery and the embroidery software is a bit light in vector process.

Leticasanova.fr

Thanks a lot, i have already installed the program but the drawcut (vinylmaster) was from now the easiest and fastest way.

I have also to use inkscape has i i am start embroidery and the embroidery software is a bit light in vector process.

Leticasanova.fr

I've tried different vector software, and so far, I've found that Inkscape produces the cleanest results, truer to the raster image than other vector engines.  The only other software that I found to be better is Vector Magic, but Vector Magic is not free, but it can do colors.

You can give this a try since you're getting into embroidery:  https://inkstitch.org/

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.