Guest midwestmomm

Why won't my image vectorize?

Download the .eps file that you posted to the forum,  to your desktop, so you can find it.   Then import it into Vinyl Master from your desktop.  It is already a vector and cut ready. 

17 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I have a VinylMaster Cut demo and that 24.eps file imported just fine. 

It imported just fine in my Flexi software also

I can get an image into my program, I just can't get it to Vectorize.  It traces it, but doesn't make it cutable.

as skeeter said before a .eps is already vectorized and cuttable - you just import it and send it to the plotter

2 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

as skeeter said before a .eps is already vectorized and cuttable - you just import it and send it to the plotter

Screenshot (10).png

1 minute ago, midwestmomm said:

Am I missing .eps on the list??

I am able to import a JPG 

again you are trying to OPEN it when you have to IMPORT it -

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I have tried it every which way 20 times, i promise, it does the exact same thing.  i can get the image imported, i am just unable to vectorize it.

I have tried it every which way 20 times, i promise, it does the exact same thing.  i can get the image imported, i am just unable to vectorize it.

a eps is already a vector format and does not require "vectorizing"

temp3bz.jpg

I went to FILE and then IMPORT, the cutter is still grayed out. I guess I'm just not explaining it right. 

I can get an image, but I cannot get it to vectorize.  this image. it doesn't work after i run it through the tracer. no matter what file i import no matter which way i import it. 

I'm so frustrated I'm going to take a break. Thank you for trying to help me.  

Screenshot (11).png

I am betting since the above steps are correct that either the software has not been activated or a plotter has not been set up in vinylmaster and that is the reason for the grayed out plot option

It says Not Activated? How in the world???

That is how they keep people from cutting without purchasing a license - they can play with it but can't cut  . . . at least now we know -

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

That is how they keep people from cutting without purchasing a license - they can play with it but can't cut  . . . at least now we know -

I bought a cutter and this program was included. So I need to purchase a license? OR was a license included? 

Thanks for helping me figure that out! Wow

Just now, midwestmomm said:

I bought a cutter and this program was included. So I need to purchase a license? OR was a license included? 

Thanks for helping me figure that out! Wow

if you purchased it new from uscutter they sent a email with the serial number 

if you purchased it second hand maybe you can get the number from the prior owner and maybe it will work and maybe not

I have been able to cut fonts/words just fine. The only time I have a problem is with certain images. I had no idea I needed to purchase anything else? I thought everything was included?

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

if you purchased it new from uscutter they sent a email with the serial number 

if you purchased it second hand maybe you can get the number from the prior owner and maybe it will work and maybe not

I did purchase it new. I will go search for an email.

if new from uscutter they always include the serial number to unlock vinylmaster if that is the option you purchased it with - nothing else to buy.

which plotter did you purchase?

All I had to do was click Activate. And it said it was activated.  I didn't need a number. Thank you for figuring that out for me. And would you believe now the cutter isn't grayed out with the sunflower there. Can't believe it! That is so weird because I've been using it several times a week since December and it works fine except that very rare time I have tried to add an image. Thanks again

• Like 2

I had to re activate mine today when I was troubleshooting but haven’t used vm in a while . . . kind of wonder now if it is related to that microsoft security update that happened this week 

Glad you are rolling! One good trick to use when in doubt about an image is to view it in wire frame mode. What you see in wire frame is what the cutter will see. SO if you see just a square box and no image inside it is a raster image (picture made of pixels not vector lines and curves) If the design is already vectored you will see the lines. You will also see hidden things that will mess with your cut like clipping masks that artists use to apply gradient fills etc... Depending on where you buy graphic art you may see all sorts of things that aren't actually cut ready. Sometimes things like non-welded script text or even hidden items that were on another layer that they forgot to delete. I do most of my own artwork for this very reason but clients often send me "cut ready" vectors and about 2 in 10 are actually ready to go. 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.