demonfatty

Whats wrong with my brand new mh 871?

Just setup the cutter super excited, but i cant seem to get it to work. I heard that when you first power the machine on, the carriage is supposed to go to the left or right? mine just stays there. And when i hit test, it draws squiggly lines and then sometimes itll draw a somewhat decent square. Heres a video of what im experiencing.  Its just simple text... please help.

Are the wheels of the carriage head firmly down in the track? And the carriage head moves freely left to right. Use the arrows and see.   

• Like 1

using Vinyl Master. I bought it through the ebay store. Should i go through ebays return policy or go through uscutter support? when i use the arrows it doesn’t really move smoothly, so holding right arrow with hitter back and forth and then go left and then it’ll go right. Test button draws a straight line and then maybe a square. 

8 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Are the wheels of the carriage head firmly down in the track? And the carriage head moves freely left to right. Use the arrows and see.   

the wheels are firmly in track. and if i turn it off and use my hand to move it, i feel some minor resistance but nothing strange

I would contact support  - for as long as I remember uscutter doesn't pay return shipping on plotters (at least not value plotters)   - but will send parts to swap out once they diagnose it over the phone

Purchases through eBay are dealt with through the system for eBay returns, IIRC.

Also, not all sales of MH cutters are really USCUTTER sales, as we've noticed before here in various discussions. (Third party sellers using stock images appearing like UScutter)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Purchases through eBay are dealt with through the system for eBay returns, IIRC.

Also, not all sales of MH cutters are really USCUTTER sales, as we've noticed before here in various discussions. (Third party sellers using stock images appearing like UScutter)

true that - wonder what ever happened to that russian selling as uscutter - is he still at it?

39 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

that’s not fun. Well i guess Is rather have Ebay take it over. I’m not sure if i want to troubleshoot. I heard us cutter has some not so good customer service 

Post up your ad, So we can see where you bought it.   But agree with Slice. You need to go to the Resolution Center at the bottom of every EBAY page and open an Item not as described case.  You only have up to 30 days after it was delivered.  All correspondence should be thru Ebay messages.  Describe your problem and don't let them talk you into closing your case until your cutter is working. Or you get a refund.  Once you close it, you cannot open another one.  If you just need parts replaced, they should be able to send you parts to fix it.   If you need a new cutter,  just upgrade to a better cutter.  Those MH cutters are bottom of the barrel with many known problems. You should have at least purchased the SC cutter. It is a step above and an better unit. We tell buyers not to buy the MH cutters.  

• Like 2

Is the plotter pin inserted into the head correctly?  It does not look right to me.  The round silver ring should be down inside of the holder in the groove.

Ok that is from UScutter.  You will have to open a case in the resolution center of EBAY.  Bottom of every page.    When it comes to vinyl cutters, it is true, you get what you pay for. 

Hey demon, hope you get this sorted, and the SC2 is just around $150 more (including shipping).

When you say "out of budget" ---  what are you going to be using a cutter for? (I just finished a small job lettering the doors of a tow truck for $150.)

20190810_142531.jpg

I don't see how the SC is out of your budget.  Why do you think you need a 34" cutter?    Going to the 28" SC is only $46 more/with shipping.  The vinyl they are including in the package, is not good vinyl.  30 ft of transfers tape,  is not much and you get a MUCH better vinyl cutter for $46.  Most times packages/bundles are not great deals. Only good for the seller.  That's my opinion.

Also for a limited time.  if you do want a really big cutter 53"  It is on sale for $419.  Save $200. 

https://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-SC2-Series-Vinyl-Cutter

For a limited time, Save $200 off the 53" SC2 model! 
Regularly $619.99