Sign in to follow this  
Hoppy

Help with easy company logo

Hello everyone,

I have been out of the graphics hobby for a few years now. (Registered here in 2010, yikes) Dug all the equipment out of storage in attempt to dress up my office. I am planning to add a company logo to a mirror in my office. Company marketing wants a month notice to prepare this. I redownloaded all programs I use to use (signblazer and inkscape) and realize inkscape has changed and I don't know how to convert any longer. Can any one help me out. I would like to have this converted to be able to cut in signblazer and hung on my wall before my board meeting Wednesday. 

I work for Oswego Health parent organization, we are not 100% owned but our company name is Oswego Health Home Care. I would like to incorporate Home Care into the image if it can look right. I would like this to be rectangular to fit a large mirror but am not sure how to make it all work right. Open to suggestions. 

Company logo can be found with a google search also. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

OHHC.png

Build those three swooshes' from scratch, as that's easy enough to create with Polyline tool in SB.

Then, the arc/circle,  also a simple thing to just whip together.

Identify the font for OSWEGO and type it in, and arc it slightly (TEXT menu, text follow arc, very large diameter)

The rest of the text can be just Helvetica, and kerned out (EDIT menu, Edit text, and drag the handle on the lower right to expand the spacing/kerning to match what you illustrated here)

Raleway bold or semi-bold is going to be very close on the OSWEGO font. 

Perfect,

Thank you for the advice. I will play with it tonight. I don't have either of those fonts. I did run it thru what the font quick but couldn't get the W and G to match up right. If I run out of time I may just do text and get it close for now.

Thanks again 

Use Eras bold for the W.

That G is a basic thing to match (it isn't Eras bold)

When I can't find the exact font (which happens a lot) I start with the closest I can find and then modify it until I'm happy with it. Typically I place the original image in the background of my design program and build the new one over the top so all the layout is correct. Others will auto trace and then clean up the nodes but I find that takes me too long. If you have skills with photoshop or gimp and make the image super clean and straight black and white it will auto trace better. Text rarely comes through good though and that's why I prefer to just build it from scratch. This just one mans opinion. 

• Like 1