Sign in to follow this  
ClearG

Crazy crosscut problems after job is done

Hello fellow cutters!

I'm running a Graphtec  fc8600-75  and using 3M's cutting software.

I cut long jobs so I use the "Panel Cutting" option on the plotter (set to 10") so the machine doesn't have to feed the film (8ft) all the way in and out all the time.

Normally when jobs are done the plotter does a crosscut at the end of the job an inch or two after the pattern.

But around the time I switch to larger cuts and started using the "Panel Cutting" option on the plotter; I started having this strange problem where when the job is done instead of crosscutting like normal, the machine would such back the film a good amount a do a crosscut right through my design it just cut!

I now wait patiently and turn the machine off when i think the job is done before it ruins my project.

This is driving me crazy and its realy hard to know when some of my jobs are done so I keep waisting huge expensive pieces of 3m ppf.

If anyone has any advice or tips I would be extremely grateful!!!!

P.S. Beers or venmo if anyone can help :D

Thank you and Take care

G.

Edit: Also happy if I could just turn off the crosscut when done option, if we cant figure out to do it in the right place

I have never read of any of our users that use the 3m software - probably have to contact 3m for support on that one