sheryar

New Graphtec cutter not showing up on Graphtec Studio

Hello i just bought a Graphtec CE6000-60 plus, i have installed all the drivers and everything on my windows 7 laptop, the printer shows up on my printer options on control panel but it does not show up on Graphtec studio cutters so I can't send any print job, i don't know what to do, anything helps, so frustrated

Please let me know 

Did you reboot your computer after installing the drivers?  Do you have the cutter Command on GP-GL?   Graphtec Studio is Graphtec language.   Make sure your cutter is turned on and ready to cut.  Make sure you already have your conditions set first,  blade depth, speed and force, and blade offset. which is ZERO on a Graphtec. 

did you go into production manager in graphtec pro studio and set up the plotter?   

Not sure which she is using,  But they say Graphtec Studio.    Not  Graphtec Pro Studio         They are 2 different soft wares.   Guess they need to say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you reboot your computer after installing the drivers?  Do you have the cutter Command on GP-GL?   Graphtec Studio is Graphtec language.   Make sure your cutter is turned on and ready to cut.  Make sure you already have your conditions set first,  blade depth, speed and force, and blade offset. which is ZERO on a Graphtec. 

Hello thanks for the reply, i have rebooted, language is in GP-GL, cutter says ready, am not sure about the conditions, how to do that, i dont get why the cutter doesnt show up on Graphtec studio cutter options, please see attached 2 pictures for better idea

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

did you go into production manager in graphtec pro studio and set up the plotter?   

Hey i think i set it up, this is how it looks like

unnamed (5).jpg

Did you purchase your cutter from UScutter?   Also with you not knowing how to run this machine, you have the S30 way too fast.  I run at very slow and you should until you learn the cutter.   Like speed 2.  And the F14.   Is your force.  You need to set your blade depth first,    This is how to correctly do it

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Are you using a PC?   If so you should check out the Graphtec PRO STUDIO. It was supposed to have come with that cutter. As long as it is a 24" or 48"   It is 100 times better software than what your trying to use.   It is over $1000 software very similar to Flexisignpro. 

From USCUTTER.COM ad

The new CE-6000 PLUS model includes:

• Graphtec PRO Studio Software
  • Software can drive multiple cutters simultaneously
  • Software automatically auto-detects any cutter once plugged into USB port

47 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you purchase your cutter from UScutter?   Also with you not knowing how to run this machine, you have the S30 way too fast.  I run at very slow and you should until you learn the cutter.   Like speed 2.  And the F14.   Is your force.  You need to set your blade depth first,    This is how to correctly do it

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.  You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

Omg, this helped so much, solved a lot of issues, thank you so much!
For the Graphtec Studio pro it looked very confusing that's why I was trying to use Graphtec Studio only, I just ran Graphtec Studio Pro and cutter works on that but it doesn't show up on the other software idk why. In the pro version, how do I change the roll media width when cutting, it's not letting me? Also is there any videos where i can learn how to use this software, because I can't seem to find tutorials on youtube

unnamed (6).jpg

• Like 1

Why are you wanting to change the roll width?   Your welcome.   On the main layout screen at the TOP of the page is HELP.   I don't know of any videos, but it is pretty much like Flexisignpro.  Go to youtube and look up videos for it. 

4 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Why are you wanting to change the roll width?   Your welcome.   On the main layout screen at the TOP of the page is HELP.   I don't know of any videos, but it is pretty much like Flexisignpro.  Go to youtube and look up videos for it. 

I have a 15 inch roll on my cutter but the settings are for 24 inch roll, i want to change it so i can fit all designs to cut on 15 inch roll setting

4 minutes ago, sheryar said:

I have a 15 inch roll on my cutter but the settings are for 24 inch roll, i want to change it so i can fit all designs to cut on 15 inch roll setting

to the right of where it says roll- there is a plotter icon with a ? mark - click that and the plotter will measure the roll for you - actually measure distance between the pressure rollers but it is pretty close

You do not need to change the roll size to cut on a 15" roll.  It will cut just fine.  You still place the roll on the right side of the cutter like always,   The cutter head will not go past the left pinch roller, because it has a magnet in it.  

My cutter software is set at 29.95"   (I have a 30" cutter) and I can cut clear down to 2" width without changing anything.   Vinyl is always placed on the right side of the cutter.  Right pinch roller must be on the long grit roller.    Personally I turned off my pinch roller and media sensor on day 1.  I can put my carriage head blade next to the edge of the vinyl.  I don't need it to measure vinyl. I know what I have.  I just place the carriage head with the blade to the right edge. Hit ORIGIN.  Then send my design.   I avoid all the time of the carriage head running the width of the vinyl, then the carriage head ending up about 2 inches from the vinyl edge.  I am right at the vinyl edge.