Sir Naggedalot

Hello Fellow Beings... :0)

Hello, I hope this message finds you all well.

I have found this Forum invaluable since buying a secondhand Cutting Plotter TYPE 721 that I have now repaired to working order.

I would like to give thanks to everybody that gives advice or even just a reply as, without you, mine and many others endeavors would be so much more difficult. 

I am reading and learning more every time I read the content of this excellent forum and one day will hopefully be able to return some of my gained knowledge!

Thanks for your time. Kindest regards and best wishes from the UK :0) 

• Like 3

Hello and Cheerio!

What was requiring fixing on the cutter?

Which cut/design program did you install?

Just curiosity.

Welcome from Michigan - was over your way last november on a trip crossing the pond

Greetings everyone :0]

The cutter came with a desktop tower with flexi10 and signblazer. Yrying to get to grips with Flexi as it has been recommended to me. 

The cutter had a problem communicating with the desktop, turned out that the usb port had a broken leg that connected with the printed circuit board. I desolderd and wired a usb lead direct as i didn't have a spate port and couldnt wait to try it! 

Hope you enjoyed your visit, what part of the uk did you visit? I am locayed in Southampton. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Naggedalot said:

Greetings everyone :0]

The cutter came with a desktop tower with flexi10 and signblazer. Yrying to get to grips with Flexi as it has been recommended to me. 

The cutter had a problem communicating with the desktop, turned out that the usb port had a broken leg that connected with the printed circuit board. I desolderd and wired a usb lead direct as i didn't have a spate port and couldnt wait to try it! 

Hope you enjoyed your visit, what part of the uk did you visit? I am locayed in Southampton. 

I am one of those pesky ones that sailed into southampton and did the drive to london and back  - just enough of a taste to want to go back sometime after my wife retires in 10 months

• Like 1

Wow, hardwiring the USB cable into the machine, that's actually quite ingenious.

You are right, Flexi is a very exciting and valuable program. It takes some getting used to, but has a ton of features.

SignBlazer is a "cartoon" interface but handles basic design components very well. The graphics Library is cool.

Just a heads up on the Flexi 10 coming on the tower, that is how some sell Flexi 10 as pirated software. If that software is running, without a USB dongle, then you know it is pirated software.  Only Legal Flexi 10 has a USB dongle.  That is the user ID and password for the software.   Dongle looks like this.   Bottom of picture.   If the software loads and works without that USB dongle being in your tower, then it is pirated/counterfeit software. Even the cheapest Flexistarter has a USB dongle to work.  That is how you know it's legal software. 

Flexi10 legal with dongle.jpg

It has a usb Dongle but no disks so Im unsure if its legit bu it did update or at least contacted sia when I first booted it up so hopefully, it is!

Im using it to print reverse Grafitti stencils so its working fine for now. Now I've said that Im betting its going to crash and never work again,just my luck!   

Having trouble getting the fill option to work but I'm still digging into the forum posts so I don't ask a question that's been answered already as I know whats like from other forums!

IMG_20190727_101144[1].jpg

IMG_20190728_192729[1].jpg

IMG_20190727_101136[1].jpg

IMG_20190809_175936[1].jpg

The dongle that SAI uses is SAFENET and on the back it says USER ID with the id number for the software. When the dongle is plugged into a USB port, it lights up green which means it works.   This is mine for Flexi 10.  If you take it out while the Software is working, you will get an error message. If you were to contact SAI for tech support, you would be required to give the user ID for the software. There is only 1 unique user ID number for each software sold. And it is on the back of the legal usb dongle. 

FLEXI DONGLE.jpg

This is the message you get, if you take out the dongle out while having the Flexisign open.   Or not having it in your USB port,  when you open the Flexi software.   I have been using different  types of Flexi softwares since 2006.  They all have a USB dongle that lights up, when connected. 

dongle not working.JPG

Thanks for the heads up, have you ever heard of the software being corrupted by removing the dongle as  I dont have the instal disks or files I dont want to risk it if thete is a chance of the software being fubr. The guy I brought it off did say it was damaged so not to take it out of the hub but it was ok to unplug the hub but not to run the program without it being plugged in as I seem to remember him alluding that it would crash/disable/corrupt the program. Everthing had been dropped down a set of stairs at his office so was in quite a sorry state! 

I have never heard such a thing.  I change my dongles around on different computers.  I have several different computers from XP, Windows 7 and 10, And every one of my Flexi programs are loaded onto each one.  All I have to do is, put the usb dongle into it to make it work.  My  different Flexi soft wares never crash..  

Let me understand this correctly ----- you are going around vandalizing public spaces with slogans spraypainted onto sidewalks and walls?

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

43 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Let me understand this correctly ----- you are going around vandalizing public spaces with slogans spraypainted onto sidewalks and walls?

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

lol - now you are just channeling Klinger from M*A*S*H - - - they almost look like the area where the words are have been cleaned and not painted.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

lol - now you are just channeling Klinger from M*A*S*H - - - they almost look like the area where the words are have been cleaned and not painted.

Reverse as in you clean the surface of dirt to leave an image behind. It's not permanent as the grime soon comes back! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_graffiti

Not my company as I only work for fun when it comes to reverse graffiti but gives you the gist of things.

https://www.streetadvertisingservices.com/discipline/clean-advertising

Heres my cobbled together set up I use.

IMG_20190728_203527[1].jpg

IMG_20190728_203520[1].jpg

• Like 1

I get it,  like powering washing the design onto the sidewalk using the stencil. .  The design part is the power washed part. The clean area IS the design.   No paint used. 

• Like 1

Reverse graffiti is just starting to catch on in the US, but it's been going strong for quite a few years in Europe.  As long as you aren't slandering, advertising for profit  and you stay on public property it's usually not considered vandalism by the courts.  I've been looking at doing some to promote the local public library.

• Like 2

Also, need to make sure it's not advertising a service, visible from a public highway in a moving vehicle and defacing some monuments might find you falling foul of the law, but as far as I know, there have not been any successful prosecutions in the UK.

Our public libraries need all the help they can get so let me know if you need any help with that one.  

• Like 2