Tincup19

Titan 3 Cutting Issue

Hi,

I have a Titan3 that i'm using Easy Cut Studio to send artwork from to the cutter. I do my design work in Adobe Illustrator and export it from there to Easy Cut Studio. When I try cutting something it cuts the design out but it also cuts random horizontal lines across the design making it useless. Has anyone ever seen this or know how i could go about fixing it? 

Thanks, 

is your software activated - I believe it is like scalp (hobby software) and until activated it will cut the lines thru the work

1 hour ago, Tincup19 said:

well that surely makes sense. I never even though of that with it being a demo. Thank you!

check out vinylmaster before you buy  - made from scratch for signs and decals

yea thats what we have at work, it's already installed at one work station. We have a 2nd cutter now and I"m not sure how many computers it can be installed on using the same serial number. so i was looking for alternatives just in case. 

I tried scalp when uscutter offered it  cheap (same as easy cut studio)  - didn't like it and never looked back - we have seen too many issues with it on the forums - it has a small dedicated group that likes it but they are a very small minority 

2 hours ago, Tincup19 said:

yea thats what we have at work, it's already installed at one work station. We have a 2nd cutter now and I"m not sure how many computers it can be installed on using the same serial number. so i was looking for alternatives just in case. 

One.

While it can be installed without activation on multiple computers, only the registered version will cut.

That being said, you can always use SignBlazerElements as cutting software, and just bring in your .eps files from other programs.

2 hours ago, slice&dice said:

One.

While it can be installed without activation on multiple computers, only the registered version will cut.

That being said, you can always use SignBlazerElements as cutting software, and just bring in your .eps files from other programs.

Is signblazer free or is it a demo and you have to pay for the full version? 

2 minutes ago, Tincup19 said:

Is signblazer free or is it a demo and you have to pay for the full version? 

It is abandonware.  Unlimited Free trial, has not been updated for many years as the owner passed away. 

11 minutes ago, Tincup19 said:

Thanks, I’ll search for it

The blue lettering in my post above is a LIVE LINK to the download of v.7.0 (hybrid) but make sure your antivirus is disabled because there's a patch that's not dangerous although antiviral protection will catch it.

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

It is abandonware.  Unlimited Free trial, has not been updated for many years as the owner passed away. 

I don't think SignBlazerElements version 7.0.0 is just a "free trial" (demo). It's got all the functionality of regular full-featured cutting software, including node editing and vectorization and outlines/inlines, and a graphics Library (DRAW menu) that has everything from Jesus to Jet planes.

I do know that Jerry Bonham was developing an advanced level called HotShot when he passed away, but that was more skewed towards Printing and RIP work.

SignBlazer has been my primary design/cut application for many years, and I learned so much using Jerry's amazing program.

I have read that many times on here, where people didn't want to relearn a new software, with the Titan cutter and they were using the Copam on Signblazer.  I have even told people that before, because that is what they stated they used. 

alright i will try tomorrow with copam. i really wish there was just a simple plug in for illustrator so you could cut directly from there. 

7 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

For $59, you could be cutting with Vinyl Master and have a separate license.  

thats probably the route i'll end up taking. you would just think in 2019 and the price of illustrator you would be able to cut out a secondary program to just cut some vinyl. oh well. 

You can, with Graphtec  and Roland  plugins.  But you don't have those cutters.   You have a rebranded Saga(Titan).  Illustrator does not have drivers in it or ways to set blade offset and blade over cut/weedlines.  It is design software.  You could try and use FREE INKCUT.  But I don't know anyone using it.   Scalp also has plugins, but it was made for craft cutters. (Cricut)  Most any good up to date cutting software, you will have to purchase. Signcut is another one that can be purchased. 

Also, If your going to purchase the  Vinyl Master again. I personally would purchase it from the Vinyl Master.com site, so that you get the ALL/CUTTER/ DRIVER version and not just the LIMITED cutter version for UScutter vinyl cutters.   In case you purchase a different cutter in the future, you would still be able to use it. 

I use SignCut Pro 1 which has an Illustrator plug-in. I am a mac guy and it's the best option for mac (assuming you also use Adobe Illustrator which it sounds like you do). It is not free though. I like it because it will work on any cutter and on both mac and pc. I bought the lifetime dongle so I can load it on multiple computers and just plug in the dongle to cut from whichever one I need to.  There is now a Pro 2 version that has some design options (Pro 1 does not, it's strictly a cutter interface) I have not played with Pro 2 at all because I do all my design in AI anyway. 

I installed and played with Inkcut a little but in the end, for what I do, the built in export/plot function in Inkscape worked just as well.

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

I installed and played with Inkcut a little but in the end, for what I do, the built in export/plot function in Inkscape worked just as well.

I tried messing with inkscape yesterday but i'm not sure if there's a way to add the Titan3 as a printer or whatever so i'm able to send the design to the cutter.