Sign in to follow this  
ryugaiden05

Blade holder will not raise up

I have a Titan2 cutter that I have not had any problems with for about 2 years. However the other night we had an electrical storm and I think it may have messed up the carriage on the cutter. After cutting the cutter on the blade holder drops all the way down and will not raise back up. The carriage will move side to side by the arrows on the cutter, but it actually is pulling up the cut strip when it moves. Is there a reset somewhere for this or do I need to order a new carriage? I have orders waiting to be filled and everyday I am down is costing me money. 

A little late, but as soon as I think it's going to rain, I unplug my cutter.  Even if it's in a surge protector.    I don't see where they carry a new carriage head for the Titan 2.  Only the Titan 3, because it has the ARMS.  You may have to call UScutter Monday.   Or search for a SAGA carriage head for that model.  The Titan is a rebranded Saga.

Ok great.  I missed that one.  There ya go.   It didn't come up under replacement parts for a Titan for me.   

It says they are in stock. 

I will put money it is the mainboard and not the  carriage - you can take the cover off the carriage and try jumping a 9 v battery to the solenoid but more than likely the store damaged the z -axis section of the mainboard.   I have all my equipment on surge protectors and battery back ups - which like skeeter said is a little too late on that advice.   if you are losing huge amounts of money every day just order a new graphtec and be back up in a couple of days 

looks like the mainboard for the 28" / 52" is out of stock  - replenished supplies have been far and few between for a while - and when they have them they are $262

Yea I just replaced the carriage and it is still doing the same thing. Also I found that it is not connecting to the computer. So I am leaning towards the main board a well. Going to call tech support tomorrow.