Tonero16

Need help setting up my Seiki 720T Cutting Plotter

16 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

actually at the bottom of the page it is $395 to get the access codes to unlock it - so not free from that site.   download is free but won't work until you pay for the codes

Lol...I did not see that. I guess you just saved me 800+ MB of data.

• Like 1

installing inkcut is not as bad as it sounds and is a pretty decent free program. You should also be able to cut directly from Inkscape, under the Extensions menu, pick Export, then Plot. From there you'll need to setup your connections and plotter settings then hit apply and inkscape will send the commands to the cutter. If you have the driver and comms setup correctly it should start cutting.

This is not a full cutting program like Inkcut but it works well enough for me as a hobby.

• Thanks 1

Very few free cutting softwares. I have a friend who bought a Seiki and it came with the same Art Cut you have. I am experienced at cutting for 9 or 10 years now and I could not get that software to work it was very buggy and would not connect. There are probably people with more technical computer knowledge that could get it to work but it was beyond my skills. I had them download and try out the free trial of SignCut Pro. It is a paid program but offers a trial period. If you have budget constraints it probably isn't what you are looking for but it might at least get you cutting for the free period. 

• Thanks 1

Seiki 720T may run with the SignBlazer program using the Master/LiYu driver.

Nothing to lose, and if it doesn't, you can run through the list of units and try to find one that gets the cutter to work.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Nothing to lose, and if it doesn't, you can run through the list of units and try to find one that gets the cutter to work.

isn't that what jaybyrd tried? and didn't get it to work with seiki? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

isn't that what jaybyrd tried? and didn't get it to work with seiki? 

I went thru old Seiki posts, where Slice brought this up on 2013.  It was never answered. Others never answered either about it working with Master/Liyu. 

But It is listed in Vinyl Master Cut for $60. From The Vinyl Master website.     And SCALP also lists it.  But I sure wouldn't go all in on SCALP.  

• Like 4

The fact that VinylMaster Cut (not the USCutter version) offers a defined solution for $60 is for sure the way to go.

VM is great design/cut software.

Let us know when you get it running.

Hi guys, hope you've all been good.

So I want to brand a 100% cotto T-shirt. I want to put a name on the back of the shirt. So I'm thinking of using a Laser 1 Opaque transfer paper  for this.

I'd love to know if I cab use a transfer paper for putting names on a shirt after the plotter cuts it out.

Again, I want to heat press a white T-shirt, so I'm thinking of printing an all black on the transfer paper, so I'll cut out black letters.

Lastly, if I print on white t-shirts with the laser 1 opaque, do I still need to print white color on it before cutting out the letters or should I just cut it out (since the color of the paper is white).

Thank you for giving me your time. Grateful as always.

On 8/2/2019 at 2:14 PM, darcshadow said:

installing inkcut is not as bad as it sounds and is a pretty decent free program. You should also be able to cut directly from Inkscape, under the Extensions menu, pick Export, then Plot. From there you'll need to setup your connections and plotter settings then hit apply and inkscape will send the commands to the cutter. If you have the driver and comms setup correctly it should start cutting.

This is not a full cutting program like Inkcut but it works well enough for me as a hobby.

Thanks for this.

I'll check it out, cutting with inkscape.

Again, I tried installing the Python 3 (since I need it for the incut) but it seems I have a .NET Framework issue. Can you help with this?

On 8/2/2019 at 2:29 PM, Wildgoose said:

Very few free cutting softwares. I have a friend who bought a Seiki and it came with the same Art Cut you have. I am experienced at cutting for 9 or 10 years now and I could not get that software to work it was very buggy and would not connect. There are probably people with more technical computer knowledge that could get it to work but it was beyond my skills. I had them download and try out the free trial of SignCut Pro. It is a paid program but offers a trial period. If you have budget constraints it probably isn't what you are looking for but it might at least get you cutting for the free period. 

Thanks. I'll try out the inkscape while I try to get the incut installed.

Only thing I can offer for the .net issue is to reinstall it. Double check which version python is looking for, I do know just because you have the latest version doesn't always mean it will work and you sometimes also have to have an older version installed as well. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tonero16 said:

Hi guys, hope you've all been good.

So I want to brand a 100% cotto T-shirt. I want to put a name on the back of the shirt. So I'm thinking of using a Laser 1 Opaque transfer paper  for this.

I'd love to know if I cab use a transfer paper for putting names on a shirt after the plotter cuts it out.

Again, I want to heat press a white T-shirt, so I'm thinking of printing an all black on the transfer paper, so I'll cut out black letters.

Lastly, if I print on white t-shirts with the laser 1 opaque, do I still need to print white color on it before cutting out the letters or should I just cut it out (since the color of the paper is white).

Thank you for giving me your time. Grateful as always.

If you're just doing a solid color, it'd be easier and faster to just buy some HTV in the desired color.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Only thing I can offer for the .net issue is to reinstall it. Double check which version python is looking for, I do know just because you have the latest version doesn't always mean it will work and you sometimes also have to have an older version installed as well. 

Alright, thanks. I have some packages installed, yet I get same error message. I will see if I will take it to a professional. Thanks though

3 hours ago, darcshadow said:

If you're just doing a solid color, it'd be easier and faster to just buy some HTV in the desired color.

The store (branding materials) closest to me does not have it. I would need to make a short trip to get it.

But do you think my idea would work?

Yeah, it should work. Jo-Ann Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, and most craft stores will have HTV.  Or if you can wait a few days you can also get HTV per foot several places online, and a few of them have free shipping.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2019 at 6:42 PM, slice&dice said:

It Worked!

I installed the SignBlazer Software, and it worked. The weeding feature is awesome, and the font styles are great too.

Thanks again. 

IMG_20190808_011729.jpg

Y'all have been really helpful. This forum is by far the best I've come across. 

I know this might not be possible, but I'd still ask though...

Is there a way to cut out an image after printing on a transfer paper? I can't think of using a hand cutter or a scissors as it won't give me precision.  

I am pleased to help!

You wanna have some fun, go to the Draw menu and investigate the Library of cut-ready graphics.

The very first thing I ever cut was a camel.

• Thanks 1

One more question. 

So I want to heatpress two tees; is it necessary to prewash them before I heatpress.

The tees are white and 100% cotton, plus they are not really neat nor dirty. I'd say they're dusty.

2 minutes ago, Tonero16 said:

Is there a way to cut out an image after printing on a transfer paper? I can't think of using a hand cutter or a scissors as it won't give me precision.  

Cutters are not really designed to cut all the way through the paper backing, and going down into the cutting strip with the blade.

2 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

Cutters are not really designed to cut all the way through the paper backing, and going down into the cutting strip with the blade.

sorry, that wasn't what I meant.

Let's say I print a picture of someone's on a transfer paper; can I weed  (trace) with my seiki cutter. 

Please see the image attached. Can I cut the image (just like letters)?

15652248647451749667026.jpg

Tonero I see people do it. It depends on the paper you are using I think. The 3G for darks is definitely a type of vinyl product that you can contour cut and weed very similar to regular sign vinyl. I have even seen people do this with JPSS for light shirts but have never tried JPSS. I did a couple with 3G but the registration marks for the contour cut have to be out away from the graphic far enough that you lose a lot of your print space. I don't know of your plotter has an optical eve or if you have to manually line everything up. I usually just use transfer paper for white shirts with JPSS cause I don't like the feel of the 3G or any other type for darks. With JPSS it's faster to trim by hand with an exacto blade. Being a clear transfer product you can't really see the edges as long as you don't let them be a straight line. 

Do not pre wash your shirts. Several reasons: You will introduce more moisture, they shirt will do weird things and no longer lay flat properly, most washing detergent leaves residue and lastly there is usually a natural crease down the middle that the factory used to align the shirt when sewing it that helps align the logo. You can press your own crease but time is money and in any kind of volume you don't want to mess with washing or extra press time trying to get the moisture to steam out or throwing a crease to keep it all straight. 

Seiki vinyl cutters do not have optical eye or ARMS. .  It would with Flexistarter, because you use the blade in the middle of the registration marks, instead of the optical eye.  Seiki sells their cutters with Flexistarter software in the US. So you can contour cut. 

SK1350T 54" VINYL CUTTER with PC Flexi 11 CONTOUR(free shipping)

• Like 1