Tonero16

Need help setting up my Seiki 720T Cutting Plotter

Greetings everyone,

I just signed up on this forum after scouring the web for days without any solution. I really hope you guys would help me get my cutting plotter up and running. 

So where do i start? I just got the Seiki 720t cutting plotter and I have not been able to cut anything with it (apart from the triangle and square of course). The small disc that came with the plotter got broken, so i had to look for other alternatives which have been frustrating. The Seiki forum is not updated and there is nothing useful there. I downloaded their utility tool - useless. I have a HP Probbok 4530s and i run windows 8.1PRO on a 64bit system.

I can't find the driver for the plotter, I have installed and uninstalled several. Please i really need help with this. This is the third forum i have signed up with.

What i need: compatible driver for the seiki 720t

Thanks

The drivers are on the Seiki forum.  I just came from there   HOME> SeikiTech Vinyl Cutter>USB Connection Driver>USB CONNECTION DRIVERS. 

The instructions are there and the driver downloaded just fine.  

Thank you for the prompt reply...

I have installed the USB drivers, but i have not been able to get the plotter driver. After designing, the plotter or compatible cutter/printer does not show up to cut out the design.

I have downloaded different kinds of stuff, i even downloaded ReaderDriver Plus, which corrupted my BOOT file.

In T-Shirt forums, someone said SignLab comes with the driver, but i can't afford that. 

111.PNG

So which cutting software are you using?  You have to match the com port#, in your computer device manager with the com port # in your cutting software.

The cutter is NOT a printer. 

When I had my Seiki, I used Flexistarter cutting software. It was bundled with it. 

Your welcome. :D

• Like 1

I am using InkScape (or do i need to download a different sofware for cutting?)

I understand the cutter is not a plotter; i was just trying to explain the problem i am facing. I installed the usb drivers to com8. 

Thank you for your assistance

Inkscape is not cutting software.  There is such a thing called Inkcut, but I don't know anything about it.    And the driver needs to be on com 4 or below. 

• Like 2

I just installed a GraphTec driver, after installing the driver, I clicked the "print test page"; the plotter responded.

SignBlazer is a free PC-based cutting software, or you can download a trial version of Vinyl Master.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Inkscape is not cutting software.  There is such a thing called Inkcut, but I don't know anything about it.    And the driver needs to be on com 4 or below. 

Did not know that.

Do you know of any FREE Cutting Software I can download? Or a signmaking software that can also cut?

Just now, Tonero16 said:

Did not know that.

Do you know of any FREE Cutting Software I can download? Or a signmaking software that can also cut?

read the post right above yours

4 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I don't think Jaybyrd was ever able to get Signblazer to work with his Seiki.  I think he tried them all.   It is not listed.   He used Flexistarter

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Hi,

I had hit the submit button before i saw yours. I searched this forum for links to the software, but all links are dead. I'm wondering if you could help with a genuine link to the SignBlazer.

Thanks

I don't think Jaybyrd was ever able to get Signblazer to work with his Seiki.  He used Flexistarter

Does that mean i might not have any luck with the software even if i get it? Which would you recommend?

I told you above that there is INKCUT.  But I don't know anything about it.  It's open source like Inkscape. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Correct,  Ever Seiki cutter I have seen sold, is sold WITH cutting software already.  

The plotter came with ArtCut software - 2009. It is very outdated and has limited functions.

It's not that outdated.  I use Flexistarter 8.6  and it is older than that. It's just basic cutting software. Very limited on designs, but great cutting software.   And I still use XP Windows.   

• Like 1

It's not that outdated.  I use Flexistarter 8.6  and it is older than that. It's just basic cutting software. Very limited on designs, but great cutting software.   And I still use XP Windows. 

I see...... i will check if i can import designs to the Artcut software. Which of the signmaking software do you use? Or do you use the Flexistarter for designs too?

I was able to pick up a legal version of Flexidesigner 10 for designing, cheap, a few years back. .  But Flexistarter has no problem importing all types of file formats.   

I found this Flexistarter 12 link. It says permanent lifetime access, for no cash. I will try downloading it later and see.

You have really been helpful...thank you very much.

PS: From what i have seen about this seiki cutter, i will need assistance with other things when i get a sign cut software and start cutting.  Thanks again

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Thanks you for your time too. I'd be grateful if you'd also follow this thread. Will share my challenges here.

3 minutes ago, Tonero16 said:

I found this Flexistarter 12 link. It says permanent lifetime access, for no cash. I will try downloading it later and see.

PS: From what i have seen about this seiki cutter, i will need assistance with other things when i get a sign cut software and start cutting.  Thanks again

It's probably pirated software then.  And may have a virus  Flexistarter is not FREE.    I have not heard good things about Artcut.    Your welcome

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I was able to pick up a legal version of Flexidesigner 10 for designing, cheap, a few years back. .  But Flexistarter has no problem importing all types of file formats.   

I checked the inkcut, and it is quite complicated. I would need to download Python software before i'd be able to run it.

20 minutes ago, Tonero16 said:

actually at the bottom of the page it is $395 to get the access codes to unlock it - so not free from that site.   download is free but won't work until you pay for the codes