X1ArmBanditx

titan 3 blade holder

which blade holder do i get for a titan 3? the holders on amazon differ by a mm or 2 for each holder so wondering which one is actually correct

also, is an anti static kit recommended for a 28"?   while im at it, i ordered a 28" titan but the invoice says 24" saga..i realize titans are sagas but 24"? advertised as 28"?

9 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Sure looks like the titans all have the same holder according to this link. https://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-TITAN-and-TITAN-2-Replacement-Blade-Holder

mine is a SE, if you look at the bottom of the list theres a link to the holder for the SE model...whats the difference?

on amazon i seen a cpl diff sizes too, like one holder said the blade was 24mmx2mm, the other said 25mmx1.5mm

when i called uscutter they said really the only diff in the SE model was cosmetic, they made the menu easier to navigate too lol but straight up said it cuts the same..so why is the holder different?

must have missed where you said yours was an se - - 

no idea it might just be a color thing and gets people to buy their holders but I really don't know for sure

why did they name a stepper motor titan the same as a servo motor titan2 or titan3 . . .doesn't really make sense to most of us but I am sure it makes the stepper motor seem more appealing than if it had a different name.    kind of like naming a mustang with a 6 cyl the same as a roush mustang  - it makes that 6 cyl that looks similar seem like it is worth more by association but in reality it will never perform nearly like the roush :)

3 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

must have missed where you said yours was an se - - 

no idea it might just be a color thing and gets people to buy their holders but I really don't know for sure

why did they name a stepper motor titan the same as a servo motor titan2 or titan3 . . .doesn't really make sense to most of us but I am sure it makes the stepper motor seem more appealing than if it had a different name.    kind of like naming a mustang with a 6 cyl the same as a roush mustang  - it makes that 6 cyl that looks similar seem like it is worth more by association but in reality it will never perform nearly like the roush :)

i didnt mention it :P i actually just seen the link when i clicked your link...color is dif and it may be just the angle but the SE holder looks longer, again prolly just a camera trick

i just ordered the SE today, its a refurb so im not sure if they'll(uscutter) will send a holder and blade/s..so hopefully someone chimes in that can say for sure

this is what the titan2 se they have listed says:  

What's in the Box?

Vinyl cutter unit, VinylMaster Activation Code for design & cutting software, cutting blades, plotting pen, cable, stand with roll holder and catch tray.

pretty sure it will come with a holder - never heard of one not coming with all you need to cut

hopefully yours comes with the 2 rollers in the back - that single one they show on the bigger units would get old real quick

15 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

hopefully yours comes with the 2 rollers in the back - that single one they show on the bigger units would get old real quick

I thought the same thing, when I seen the invoice it said it was coming with a stand (I didn't read anywhere the refurb came with a stand) so I was thinking cool but it'll be a pain if I'm changing rolls multiple times a day..looked at the stand on the site and it was the one with 2 rollers..hopefully it's the same one

I still don't like that the invoice says secaba saga 24" when it's advertised as Titan 3 28", the invoice for the stand even says " stand for 28" Titan"..

Well, it is not going to cut 28" W. . The specs say max cutting 25"   28" is the max media width.   But there are not vinyl rolls 28" wide. 

Max Cutting Width   25"   
Max Feed Width        28"  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just got off the phone with uscutter..they guy said the SE blade holder is in fact different even tho the day before another customer service guy said only dif in the SE model was cosmetic and menu navigation...he said all their blade will work in the SE holder but on amazon ive found 2 dif size roland style blades, 25mmX1.5mm and 24mmX2mm(think that was the numbers :P )...he couldnt tell me the difference, said just pay the $35 to us and it will be correct..well i dont want pay 35 for a holder when i can go on amazon and get a holder and assortment of blades for less than half that..

the cutter will be here tomorrow, really hoping somebody can point me in the right direction as i like cutting with 60 degree blades and im sure it will come with a single 45..i also have this feeling whoever refurbed it put a not SE holder in it(guess ill find out), im wondering if this was an earlier posters problem with the titan blade not coming down all the way, mmaybe wrong holder??? hmmm

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you need a different blade holder for a different blade. Most cutters use a single blade holder and you can then put any blade in it. Some people us multiple blade holders just to make switching between blade types easier.

4 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe you need a different blade holder for a different blade. Most cutters use a single blade holder and you can then put any blade in it. Some people us multiple blade holders just to make switching between blade types easier.

the blade length and more importantly the diameter of the blade where it goes into the holder is important ... im not saying i need a diff holder for a dif degree blade, im just needing to know which holder and blades do i need

I can't speak for your "SE" but every other titan uses a standard roland blade - and checking their blade section they do not have a different blade listed for the se - you will know shortly when it arrives  - - -- betting roland compatible just like the other titans, mh, sc, most chinese plotters use the roland blades

i like cutting with 60 degree blades and im sure it will come with a single 45.

For reference, Blue caps are 60, Red are 45.
Using a 60 degree blade on everyday cutting is a waste of a blade, technically speaking.

• Thanks 1

This is what the specs say for it   the refurb SE

Included Items Blade holder, pen holder, 3x blades, USB & serial cable, spare fuse
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, slice&dice said:

i like cutting with 60 degree blades and im sure it will come with a single 45.

For reference, Blue caps are 60, Red are 45.
Using a 60 degree blade on everyday cutting is a waste of a blade, technically speaking.

I must be wasteful then - have used a 60 degree cleancut in the roland and graphtec in all holders for years - getting about 10 months of use out of each one before it goes to the reflectives holder for more use

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I must be wasteful then - have used a 60 degree cleancut in the roland and graphtec in all holders for years - getting about 10 months of use out of each one before it goes to the reflectives holder for more use

the 60 is where its at for the detail! lol

• Like 2