ShowmanBTW

Stacking Cuts on MH 721

I'm having an issue with a particular design,  when I cut it small at a 24" height, it cuts just fine. When I size it up to full size (83") The bottom text cuts OK but all other cuts just stack right on top of one another. The number of nodes of course is the same, only difference is the size of the cut.

MH 721

Sure Cuts a lot 3 pro

same issue occurs on USB and serial connections

full size cut Banner.jpg

Small cut Banner.jpg

The MH cutters do not have good tracking.   Always make sure you have enough vinyl slack behind the machine to do the entire order. Never be pulling from the roll while cutting.   Sure Cuts A Lot was created for a Cricut vinyl cutter.  Hobby/craft cutter.  Not a real vinyl cutter.  Many glitches in it. 

The value cutters run better on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter, (that is the brand name)  Value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them. 

Loose the word "Print"   Your cutting, not printing. 

• Like 1

Is the image too big and the program is doing some weird tiling that is causing the problems?

It's not a tracking issue - the cutter moves the vinyl up and down and cuts each element perfectly just stacked on top of one another. As I stated in the post, I tried both serial and USB connections - same result with both. 

I've not had any issues in the past with this software but I think the last time I cut anything this large I was using Sign Blazer or Flexi cut. The fact that this was designed for a craft cutter makes sense that it would have issues with a cut that a Cricut would not be able to handle. 

Any suggestions on a software that is still available that won't cost an arm and a leg? I use this thing maybe 4 or 5 times a year so a flexi subscription is out of the question.

49 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

The MH cutters do not have good tracking.   Always make sure you have enough vinyl slack behind the machine to do the entire order. Never be pulling from the roll while cutting.   Sure Cuts A Lot was created for a Cricut vinyl cutter.  Hobby/craft cutter.  Not a real vinyl cutter.  Many glitches in it. 

The value cutters run better on a serial cable or a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter, (that is the brand name)  Value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them. 

Loose the word "Print"   Your cutting, not printing. 

Ah - just found a working link to sign blazer - -the only other one I found took me to a corn hole page

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If your using Windows,  Signblazer is Free  Use the Redsail driver.