Matt Woody

CE6000-120 or 120 AKZ

OK new issue, haha.  Got it up and running.  Had the cutter stop a couple times in the middle of cutting something, searched, saw it could be a sensor issue.  So I turned them off but now when I do the cross cut after cutting some, it sounds the y position alarm.  I cut the media sensors back on and it doesn't do it though.  Any ideas on where to look first?  I have not pulled off any covers or messed with it other than cutting the sensors off and back on.  I also did not cut the pinch roller sensors off, they are still enabled.  It only does this after the cross cut, no other time yet.

Only time I ever had my cutter stop in the middle of cutting was a broken USB cable  and a USB cable too long.  Most sensors would give an error code.   I never use the cross cutting after cutting,  while machine on.   I have the cutter off and push down on the cutter and slide across to cut off.  

I turned the media sensor and the pinch roller sensors off on day 1. 

It's definitely a possibility of the USB being bad as it's the used one that came with the cutter, I'll swap that.  I read somewhere else that if the vinyl comes up or away from the rear sensor the machine would stop thinking it ran out of vinyl.  So you use the cross cut part manually?  

I run 50 yard rolls, so never have the problem with rear sensor.  Even if I run scraps on roll.   Yes,  I just use it manually, as I am standing there and done with the order.  Sometimes you have to move your vinyl down a little, or you will cut the design,  and I try to save vinyl by watching where I cut it off at. 

I wiggled my USB cable and the cutter took off, so I knew it was broken.