giftsbygiggles

Shipping Large Decals (2 x 24)

What is the most economical way to ship large decals?  Could I just sandwich 2 pieces of cardboard together and tape it up?  When I looked up how much it would cost to send a tube priority mail it was like $12!  I'm looking for something more like $3-4.

I use open top boxes and ship it First Class. That decal could be looped,(rolled loosely) and put in a box.  I do it all the time. I never have problems. Check around your house for a box. 

• Like 1

Priority Mail is what makes it expensive. Even their medium Priority box is $12 and small Priority box is $8.

First Class got raised also this year,  Now First Class is by zone number.  It used to be the same price for shipping anywhere in the US. Not anymore.  Zones just like Priority. 

• Like 1

It also depends on weight. You didn't specify how many decals you were shipping. Generally anything above 13oz will go be Priority. The other option is trying to send it by 4th Class, Media Mail, but that is the slowest option.

First Class is 15.99 oz and under. It was changed a few years ago. 

First Class Mail is the most popular and economical way to send items throughUSPS. You can send standard postcards, letters and large envelopes and small packages up to 15.99 ounces using First Class Mail. If your First Class package is over 15.99 ounces, you must upgrade the mail class to Priority Mail.

Decals are not allowed for media mail.  

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

First Class is 15.99 oz and under. It was changed a few years ago. 

First Class Mail is the most popular and economical way to send items throughUSPS. You can send standard postcards, letters and large envelopes and small packages up to 15.99 ounces using First Class Mail. If your First Class package is over 15.99 ounces, you must upgrade the mail class to Priority Mail.

Decals are not allowed for media mail.  

https://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121_tech.htm

Bummer. I thought that since it was considered 'printed material' that it would be able to pass through as media mail.

Can't even send video games, Media Mail.   Post Office can open that media mail  for inspection also, and if not right material, will charge it, and your customer will have a postage due. 

• Like 1