Our Titan 3 with VinylMaster software is cutting a test just fine, but not a sheet of lettering; about a quarter of the letters and numbers are peeling off with the vinyl.  I have adjusted the blade depth, force and made sure the rollers are tight and lined up.  What else should I check for, please?  Maybe try slowing the cutting speed?  Thanks for any help you can give me :-)

check to see if the blade carriage is lifting up high enough between the cuts, or if it maybe faintly dragging.

try it with a different piece of vinyl.

show some screen shots.  What do you mean peeling off with the vinyl?  Are you using weed lines in your cutting software?  I do for text, to help out.  An exacto knife sure helps also. 

,  You can't just rip up vinyl and expect the letters not to come up with it.  How did you set your blade depth anyway?  Also vinyl can change, humidity, the adhesive can be sticker 1 day more than another.  It also depends how soon you cut it and weeded it.  Vinyl self heals it's self. 

Of course not; I've been making these decals with this cutter for over a year.  I set the blade so that it's barely sticking out, tested it with my finger, cut a line by hand in my vinyl with it and then ran an actual cutting test.  I peel off the vinyl pretty much as soon as it's cut.  Someone suggested trying a squeegee before peeling off the vinyl; I think I'll try it.  Can you walk me through testing the blade depth with the software as well?

This is the correct way to set the blade depth with any vinyl cutter. Posted hundreds of times on here.  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder.  

That is exactly the procedure I followed.  That's why I'm at a loss; perhaps it is happening because this roll of vinyl is the last one I have on hand so it's been here for a few weeks.  Maybe it has absorbed too much humidity?

Is it better to peel the vinyl right away, or wait a certain amount of time?

Thanks again for your help!

Double check you haven't broken a tip. Happens sometimes and may effect the cut. Looking at the pic I would NOT think that's your problem. I am having a hard time figuring out why you have all the weird boxes associated with each letter. I see where the O in Robin has been overcut with one of the corners of a box. Strange looking job. I'd be interested in looking at the cut file in a basic format like .eps or similar. 

• Like 1

does every individual character have a weed box around it?

what software are you using, and are you just sending it to the cutter as text?

as long as your vinyl isn't really, really old, you should be okay.

My blade looks fine.

I'm using USCutter Titan Edition of VinylMaster Pro V4.0, and what I cut are all .vDOC files consisting of lines of text.  This is my first year of using a cutter and I am slightly techno-challenged; I have never been able to figure out if there's a way to cut the text without the boxes around each letter.  And no, my vinyl is probably two or three months old plus shelf time...

Thank you all for your help; maybe I'll try getting some new vinyl.

38 minutes ago, Voice of Wesco said:

My blade looks fine.

I'm using USCutter Titan Edition of VinylMaster Pro V4.0, and what I cut are all .vDOC files consisting of lines of text.  This is my first year of using a cutter and I am slightly techno-challenged; I have never been able to figure out if there's a way to cut the text without the boxes around each letter.  And no, my vinyl is probably two or three months old plus shelf time...

Thank you all for your help; maybe I'll try getting some new vinyl.

I doubt it is your vinyl. It's more likely setup in one way or other. The corners don't look crisp and that could either be the font or your blade offset. If the cut letters do not look like the ones on your desktop then you have some settings off. Can you just type in the strings of text rather than importing them as .vDoc? See if that makes a difference. I wouldn't do too many at once. The spacing is weird probably because of the vDoc as well. If you give them a little more space you can use a weeding line more effectively. Some jobs I use a weeding line in-between each line of letters and then carefully pull up from one end while I make sure each letter stays in place or occasionally I run a weed line along the top and bottom of each line of letters touching the letters and quickly pull the open stretch between the lines up then carefully lift each small piece between the letters so as not to mess them up. Not sure if that makes sense written out.