Sign in to follow this  
parabellum1130

holographic vinyl

not sure if it was asked before or if its the same material as what im seeing as reflective vinyl...

wasn't seeing any called holographic on the uscutter site but I did see it called that at local hobby shop for cricut brand...

have a car club want to order from me for the lower front windshield of their clubs cars

so my questions are ... am I calling it correctly for the "pro" web sites or is it called the reflective im seeing ...

is the cricut brand as good as say greenstar brand vinyl ???

and if I am calling it correct as holographic and its not on the uscutter site where could I purchase that type in a quality vinyl , hopefully not at a cost of my first born ...

thank you for your time...

cricut is brand hobby cutter and material for the average person you get at places like hobby lobby , michaels and at a.c.moore...

I have nothing wrong with oracal , just I have used a lot of greenstar beings it came with the bundle I got with cutter and being new I just 

grabbed a lot of the brand I got with the bundle , getting oracal as I user up the colors I have of greenstar ...

from what you sent I notice there are lots of patters for the holographic ... does oracal have that type of vinyl

I got a bunch of Greenstar interior and exterior vinyl with my cutter and burned through a lot of it learning.   Then I ordered some Oracal 651 and couldn't believe the difference. The 651 is 10x better to work with. It doesn't stretch as easily, it cuts smoother in curves, finer details hold up, etc.  Do yourself a huge favor and stay away from the Greenstar, and cricut and any of the other low-end "house brand" vinyls.  The little bit of price difference will pay for itself in how much better it cuts.

• Like 1