RachelM

Dots on i and j are missing

I have a Graphtec CE5000-60 and am using FlexiStarter 8 to cut an image I created in Illustrator. Basically it’s a chalkboard sign with a word cut out of it. It didn’t cut the dot on the i or the j. Ive had problems before where fonts didn’t get correctly but then I’d covert them to lines and it was ok. This is already converted so it’s not a font issue. It shows up on the Flexi screen and in the preview when I go to cut. Is this a Flexi issue or the cutter? In other instances where something won’t cut I’ll just ungroup and move the letter, but that’s not an option here. 

Edit: the image shows dots  that’s because I took an Exacto blade and cut some sad looking ones myself.

4CBA5F28-5C1B-423C-AEE5-7079A9754DD8.jpeg

It's just text, why not just create it in Flexistarter?  What happens when you do?   I use Flexistarter and a Graphtec,  I never have this problem. 

• Like 1

wonder if the dots are somehow created in a slightly different color and you don't have send all colors selected in production manager.  I am with skeeter though if it is  just a font do it in flexi and be done with it without all the converting

It’s not really text though. It’s a shape with the text cut out of it. Negative space, basically. I could attempt to do it in Flexi, but I need to have the image in other formats and I’ve never used Flexi for design purposes. Also, I’ve had similar things happen with other designs and I’d love to know how to prevent it. 

Here’s the image in the production manager. The dots are there. Does this mean it’s an issue with the cutter?

image.jpg

No  Uncheck at the bottom where it says OVERLAP   First picture.  That should not be checked.

Also uncheck autoweld.   Uncheck plot dimensions and labels

• Like 1

Is there a reason that your using OPTIMIZE CUTTING ORDER,  last picture?  You shouldn't need it for that. 

Success! I tried it first with just unchecking the overlap, before you edited your post. That didn’t help. Next try without auto weld  and plot dim. worked. 

As for optimize cutting order, I honestly don’t know. I bought this business, vinyl wall lettering, just a few months ago. I had done the design work for the owners for the last few years but the actual vinyl cutting is new to me and I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not very knowledgeable about all the options in the production manager. 

1BB254D4-3316-4F57-ABB8-461BDEDC9DE1.jpeg

• Like 2

there ya go.  :D   I have been using Flexistarter since 2006.  More than likely it was auto weld.   But leave the others unchecked. 

• Like 2

Thank you so much for the help! The owner of the business was not very knowledgeable about some of the technical details, her husband had been, but he passed away from cancer, and so I can't ask her many of these types of questions. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1