Sign in to follow this  
The King

Cutter software

Looking for software better then sign master would like to be able to import my own designs on to software that’s wasn’t made on software for cutter to cut need help

9 minutes ago, The King said:

Looking for software better then sign master would like to be able to import my own designs on to software that’s wasn’t made on software for cutter to cut need help

hopefully you exported your designs in a format like .eps that other software can read - too many people save in the format of that particular software and then can't import it into something else

SignMaster is the same as Vinyl Master, and it imports many different file formats.  What is your problem?   If you really want to spend some money buy Flexisignpro.  

• Like 1

I have designhill making some of my logo. sign master doesn’t have what I need to make my design an I have a vevor cutter. I’m trying to find out how to import my logos to the software so my cutter can cut out my design

It says in Designhill that you can buy an .eps file.  So buy it.   Signmaster can be upgraded to different versions. So buy a higher version..  Any good software costs money. 

You can also design in FREE Inkscape.org  and save as an .eps file.  and import into SignMaster. 

14 minutes ago, The King said:

Will I need photoshop 

No, not for cutting.  Photoshop is for jpegs etc.   You will be using vector format in your cutting software.  You cut outlines,  not pixals. .ai .eps etc, file format. 

10 minutes ago, The King said:

I’m buy the Flexi sign software 

Well it is your money, Why would you spend that kind of money to use on a bottom of the barrel vinyl cutter?  Would make more sense to buy a better vinyl cutter, than to spend $1,000's on software.  (if the software is legal version).   That Vevor cutter is very similar to the Refine MH cutter sold on UScutter, which we tell buyers to stay away from.  Too many known problems.

If I read this correct The king is really not trying to import designs and is trying to vectorize the raster images (reading first post) which vinylmaster does about as well as anything - I believe they are making assumptions based on a communication error (wrong term being import when they mean vectorize) - if you really are having trouble importing vector images and are willing to spend 2500 on flexi pro then just buy a graphtec ce6000-60 and get basically the same software (private branded) with the plotter for free.

maybe I misunderstood though

8 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

If I read this correct The king is really not trying to import designs and is trying to vectorize the raster images (reading first post) which vinylmaster does about as well as anything - I believe they are making assumptions based on a communication error (wrong term being import when they mean vectorize) - if you really are having trouble importing vector images and are willing to spend 2500 on flexi pro then just buy a graphtec ce6000-60 and get basically the same software (private branded) with the plotter for free.

maybe I misunderstood though

I'm not sure I understand them either.   They claim they are using Designhill, which creates logos, but those logos can be purchased in an .eps format. Which can be imported into Signmaster with no problems.  So why would they vectorize them? 

It is not about computers. Sorry, but your questions just don't make any sense.  You do not explain what your trying to do.  Signmaster is very good software, but your Vevor vinyl cutter is not a very good cutter. 

• Like 1

are you trying to vectorize images so they can be cut or are they already vector images that you are trying to import?

Please pass the popcorn ---  this thread is quite entertaining!

EatingPopcorn-128.png

On 7/12/2019 at 7:23 PM, The King said:

I have signmaster v3 arms print an cut

What format is the file in? You should see some sort of file extension on the end of the logo file like one of these: .eps, .ai, .svg, .cdr, .pdf,  or it could be something like one of these: .ps, .png, .jpg, .wmf which are not vector supported formats. Not all vector files are pure vectors either but might have a raster image embedded or a mix.

Unfortunately the technical aspect of cutting can "cull the herd" as we say in Idaho. I'm no rancher though, other terms might include "blood the troops", separate the wheat from the chaff, men from the boys... I think you get it. Best advice is spend some serious screen time on tutorials and practice, practice practice. 

• Like 1